5 minute low-carb candied nuts made with whatever type of nuts you prefer. Made with a sugar-free sweetener, these candied nuts are totally ketogenic and low-carb. Guilt-free and delicious, they are the perfect snack or dessert for when your sweet tooth strikes.
Last Fall, I posted these cinnamon sugar roasted almonds, which are delicious snack when you want something sweet and spicy. However, when you are in the mood for something even sweeter, and full of the delicious flavor of browned butter, these nuts are even better.
These 5-minute low-carb candied nuts are definitely what I would call the occasional treat, rather than an everyday snack. They are quite sweet, but also so full of flavor thanks to the butter. They also have a very pleasant crunch, thanks to both the nuts and caramelization. A real winner, if you ask me!
Unlike the oven-roasted almonds I posted previously, these candied nuts come together in just a few minutes on the stove. You’ll want to start by turning the heat in a non-stick skillet to medium, and melting the butter.
Toss in the sweetener (I used the Pyure brand stevia blend), vanilla extract, and the raw nuts. Now would be a good time if you wanted to add any other flavors.
I imagine cinnamon and nutmeg would work awesome here, as would pumpkin spice. You could also replace the vanilla extract with maple extract, or anything else your heart desires.
Stir constantly until the butter and sugar mixture becomes liquid. Keep stirring until the butter begins to caramelize and turn brown. Once you hit this point, remove the pan from the heat.
Quickly lay nuts out on a sheet of parchment paper until cooled. Be sure to remove the nuts from the pan quickly so it does not get stuck to the bottom. It’s best to wash the pan out while still warm also.
Break into bite-size pieces (or much larger, if you have a giant sweet tooth), and go to town!
If you give these 5-minute low-carb candied nuts a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
5 Minute Low-Carb Candied Nuts (Sugar-Free, Keto)
- 1 tablespoon butter salted or unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol or stevia blend I used the Pyure brand (32 g). I do not recommend a brown sugar blend, as others have had issues with it not melting. A granulated white sweetener blend works best.
- 1 cup raw nut of your choice I used almonds (128 g)
- To a nonstick pan over medium heat, add butter until melted. Add in vanilla extract and sweetener and stir to combine. The mixture may become clumpy, that is totally fine.
- Add in raw nuts and stir until well-coated.
- After a few minutes of stirring, the sweetener should become liquid. Continue stirring for a few minutes, until the liquid begins to caramelize.
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper and allow it to cool for several minutes before consuming. Break apart, and enjoy!