A super moist and incredibly rich chocolate dessert with a nice creamy touch of almond butter. Gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, low-carb, Paleo, ketogenic and dairy-free.
You can be following the world’s healthiest diet, but some days you still need dessert, am I right? It’s not about being perfect and sticking 100% to eating “clean.” It’s about finding what works, to make you diet (or way of eating, as I like to call what I’m doing) sustainable for YOU.
I’m in this low-carb thing for the long haul, and if that means eating dessert once, twice or even every night of the week, then I’ll do that!
And if you’re going to eat dessert, it might as well be one that won’t mess you up on your path to losing weight, feeling great, or whatever your motivation is.
That’s why I love these mug cakes, because there is no guilt about slipping up what so ever. So when you’re presented with the choice of eating the donuts that your friend brought over, or one of these almond butter chocolate cakes, you won’t have to think twice about making one.
Oh and did I mention how DELICIOUS these are? They are pretty much what you would expect from the title. Almond, chocolate and a moderate amount of sweetness. The perfect guilt-free dessert if you ask me!
Along with the other mug cake recipes I have posted, this one definitely does not disappoint. There really is no faster way to make a delicious dessert that looks and tastes just like a cake.
I mean, really, can we just marvel at the fact that you can make a cake in two minutes? That’s insane!
Start by melting your butter/ghee/coconut oil and some chocolate in a microwave-safe mug or ramekin. Mix in the coconut flour, egg and sweetener and stir until well-incorporated.
Toss in a spoonful of almond butter and swirl around, or leave in the middle for a lava-cake like experience. Toss in the microwave and wait for the magic to happen. Enjoy!
If you give this almond butter chocolate mug cake a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Almond Butter Chocolate Mug Cakes (Low-Carb, Paleo)
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 squares dark chocolate (20 g)
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon stevia/erythritol blend for low-carb or honey for Paleo
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Add butter/coconut oil and dark chocolate to a microwave-safe mug or ramekin.
- Microwave for 30 seconds or until the butter is melted. Stir until the chocolate is melted. If necessary, microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Mix in coconut flour, egg and sweetener. Stir until fully-incorporated.
- Take a spoonful of almond butter and place in the center of the mug cake. Cover with the chocolate mixture, if it sits on top. Top with additional chocolate chips or chunks, if desired.
- Microwave for 90 seconds to 2 minutes. 90 seconds may be enough for a tall mug. 2 minutes is probably necessary for a ramekin or a wider, shallower container.
- Allow to cool before consuming.