Looking for some pie this fall but don’t want the carb-filled crust that usually comes along? These apple pie fat bombs taste just like the pie filling! Low-carb, keto, sugar-free, Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free.
Apple pie on a keto diet? You thought that was impossible, didn’t you?! These little apple pie fat bombs are just 5 net carbs each! That’s right, I just gave you permission to eat (a small amount of) apple while following a low-carb diet! Hooray!
Plus these are so buttery, sweet and spicy, that I promise you will not miss the crust that a traditional pie would offer. The butter provides so much flavor that complements the sweetness, and the spice of the cinnamon and vanilla.
So much goodness in just a few bites!
Plus, the longer you let the apples cook, the more caramelized they become. They become incredibly flavorful, and the sweetness really comes out. I found that by caramelizing my apples, I did not need to add any extra sweetener to my fat bombs.
To make these delicious apple pie fat bombs, you will want to start by adding the butter to a pan over medium heat. Add in diced apple chunks, and cook until softened.
As I mentioned above, you can allow them to cook longer, until they turn a golden brown. This makes them even sweeter, and more flavorful.
Once the apples are cooked to your liking, remove from the heat, and add in the remaining ingredients. You will definitely want to add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder.
If you want to get fancy, you can also add in a splash of maple extract, for an even bigger autumn punch.
If you don’t mind a mildly sweet fat bomb, you can simply stop here. If you want your fat bombs sweeter, feel free to add in some additional sweetener.
I recommend approximately 1 tablespoon of granulated sweetener, but you can go harder if you want. Simply add enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Simply portion the ingredients evenly into six silicone baking cups or into a fat bomb mold. Refrigerate or freeze for several hours, or until solid.
If you give these apple pie fat bombs a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Apple Pie Fat Bombs
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium apple diced into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice, if desired I did not add because the apples are sweet, but if you like your desserts sweet, then feel free to add extra!
- Add butter to a pan over medium heat. Once melted, add in apple cubes, and cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes. If you want the sweetness to really come out of your apples, you can caramelize them by cooking them even longer, about 10-15 minutes, as you can see in the pictures above.
- Add in vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg, and stir until well-combined. If desired, add in sweetener. I found that mine were sweet enough without, but for tart apples, or extra sweet, feel free to add extra, to taste.
- Remove from heat and portion ingredients evenly between 6 silicone baking cups.
- Place in fridge or freezer for 6-8 hours. I prefer these out of the freezer, since they are sturdier, and can be picked up and eaten by hand.
- Store in fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to one month.