If you’re looking for a delicious side dish for any meal ranging from a casual BBQ to a fancy Thanksgiving dinner, then these bacon green beans are perfect! Keto, Paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
Spring is here guys, I can hardly believe it! That means soon it’ll be time for BBQs and pot lucks, and spending time outside.
So if you are in need of one additional side dish to bring to a get-together of any kind, then I do highly recommend this tasty bacon green bean dish.
Plus, it does not require any of that precious oven space, because we all know how limited that can be on party days, am I right?
Trying to simplify as much as possible to reduce stress and overwhelm on holidays and special occasions is definitely welcome, if you ask me. Well this dish has you covered there as well, because it only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!
Start by simply steaming your green beans until they are cooked to your liking. I enjoy mine a little on the crispy side, so I steamed them for about 5 minutes, but anywhere from 5-8 minutes should be good.
Drain the excess liquid, once they are cooked to your liking. Toss in some bacon grease, then some precooked and crumbled bacon, and cook for just a few minutes, to let all of that bacon-y goodness soak in. Top with just a little sprinkle of salt, and you’re all set!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Bacon Green Beans
- 1 cup water
- 12 oz bag of fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt I like this Himalayan pink salt
- Add water and green beans to a skillet over medium heat. Simmer covered until green beans soften, approximately 5-8 minutes, depending on how tender you like them.
- Once green beans are cooked to your liking, drain excess liquid and add in bacon grease. Stir until well-coated, then toss in cooked and crumbled bacon and sprinkle with salt, and toss once more.