15 minute Caesar salad lettuce wraps. Perfect for really busy nights or a quick meal on the go. Made with collard green wraps, Parmesan cheese crisps, Caesar dressing, chicken and fresh crisp lettuce. Low-carb, ketogenic, gluten-free, grain-free, primal.
I’m really a sucker for quick and easy meals. The shorter the better, but I also don’t compromise health for time. If a healthy meal takes longer than a “cheat” meal, I will always take the time to make the healthy one.
The best meals are the ones that are both quick and healthy. Best of both worlds, am I right? For those who feel the same way, these Caesar salad lettuce wraps are pretty much perfection.
I completely love all things Caesar dressing. I used to be the person who would always order a big Caesar salad pretty much every time I ate out. These Caesar salad lettuce wraps surely bring me back to those days.
Plus, they could not be easier to make. You can add chicken, salmon or tofu, or just leave a meat out all together. Precooked or leftover shredded meat works the best, if you’re really in a time crunch. If you do cook your chicken at the time you are making these, I suggest letting them cool for 5-10 minutes before adding into the bowl with the lettuce, so it does not wilt.
Instead of croutons, I made Parmesan cheese crisps for a bit of crunch. You could also use a handful of these Parmesan Whisps, which I occasionally see in the grocery store. If you make them yourself, place several teaspoon-sized piles of Parmesan (either grated or powdered should work, but grated works best in my opinion) onto a baking sheet.
Broil in the oven for 4-5 minutes and they should be nice and crispy. Be sure to watch that they don’t burn.
Next you’ll want to assemble the salad. Add in your lettuce, cooked chicken, Parmesan cheese crisps, Caesar dressing and extra Parmesan. Toss to coat. Lastly, it’s time to assemble those wraps! A few years back, I posted a recipe for making collard green wraps.
In there, I show how to shave down the stem of your collards so you can easily fold them up into a wrap. Simply spoon approximately a cup of filling into your wrap, depending on the size of the leaf, and roll to close. You may find that putting a toothpick in helps it stay together.
You will also love these other recipes!
Caesar Salad Lettuce Wraps (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Keto)
- 8 ounces boneless chicken precooked is best. You could also use salmon, or tofu for vegetarian
- 8 ounces romaine or butter lettuce
- 3 tablespoons Caesar dressing I like the Primal Kitchen brand
- 1/2 cup shredded or powdered Parmesan cheese
- 6-8 collard green leaves
- 1/2 cup parmesan crisps such as Whisps
- Cook chicken over medium heat until fully-cooked. Set aside to cool once finished. Or, use precooked chicken to make this meal even faster.
- Add 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese onto a baking sheet in 1 teaspoon piles. Add to oven and turn on boiler.
- Add romaine lettuce, Caesar dressing and remaining Parmesan cheese to a bowl and mix.
- Remove Parmesan cheese crisps from oven once they are golden brown, and add to the bowl with the lettuce. Add in cooled chicken and mix together.
- Remove thick stems from collard green leaves. For a tutorial on this, check out the collard green wrap recipe.
- Add one cup of mixture to the collard green wraps and roll to close. Use a toothpick to keep them closed, if necessary. Enjoy!