A hearty meal, this chicken bacon ranch casserole is a super flavorful meal the entire family will enjoy. Keto, Whole30, Paleo, gluten-free.
This chicken bacon ranch casserole will be one of your favorite new recipes!
I’m always looking for new recipes, with different flavor profiles. We sometimes tend to eat the same things over and over, when we are strapped for time. It’s nice to mix things up a bit, so we don’t get tired of eating the same meals day after day.
I like to make casseroles and things that are really easy and not super time-consuming. While casseroles often take longer from start to finish than some other recipes, the oven does all the hard work, so you have lots of down time in the middle to do other things!
This casserole is delicious because of the flavor combination that everyone loves so much. Bacon, cheddar and ranch, who doesn’t love it? You can even omit the cheddar without too much issue, and without losing all the flavor. It’s equally delicious!
It is easy to make and simple to prep ahead as well.
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Chicken breast, diced into one inch cubes
- Precooked bacon, sliced or crumbled into small pieces
- Broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- Ranch dressing, I like the brand Primal Kitchen, but you’ll need to take an extra step if using this, because it is quite liquidy
- Cauliflower rice
- Cheddar cheese
As mentioned above, if you use the Primal Kitchen brand ranch, you will need to reduce it a bit on the stove, as it is more liquidy than other ranch dressing brands. Add it to a small sauce pan over low heat and simmer until thick like other ranch dressings. Be sure to stir occassionally, to prevent burning and sticking.
Add all ingredients to a greased baking dish. The cheddar cheese is optional, but recommended. Bake the casserole covered for 30 minutes, and then remove the cover and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until nice and crispy on top, and the chicken is cooked through.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before consuming, then eat right away. Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I omit the cheddar cheese for a paleo, Whole30 friendly recipe?
You sure can! You won’t even miss it, it’s equally delicious without it. You could also substitute it for nutritional yeast, if you’d still like a bit of a cheesy flavor.
Why do you recommend the Primal Kitchen brand of ranch dressing?
I like Primal Kitchen because the ingredients are superior to that of most ranch dressings you find in the grocery store. I am not a huge fan of soybean oil and preservatives, plus brands like Hidden Valley are far from paleo and Whole30 friendly.
You may also enjoy:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 1.5 lbs chicken, cubed
- 3 large heads broccoli, diced into bite-size florets
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- 8 oz ranch dressing I like the Primal Kitchen brand, but if using this brand, follow special instructions below
- 2 cups cheddar cheese optional
- Cook the bacon and chop into small pieces.
- If using the Primal Kitchen brand ranch dressing, you will need to reduce it a bit, because it has a lot of water in it. Add to a small sauce pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced, approximately 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To a greased baking dish, add cooked bacon, cubed chicken, broccoli florets, cauliflower rice and ranch dressing. Top with cheddar cheese, if desired. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the top is browned to your liking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before consuming. Store in the fridge covered for up to 5 days.