A one-bowl recipe, these grain-free chocolate chunk cookies are easy to clean up but even easier to eat! Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, keto, low-carb, Paleo.
Chocolate chunk cookies!! These are one of my favorites, because they’re so simple and classic. Everyone needs some delicious chocolate chunk cookies a few times of year, right?
These bad boys are filled with delicious dark chocolate chunks, almond flour and coconut flour. I’m not even a huge sweets person, but I can tell you that these are gosh darn delicious, and I had trouble stopping myself after just one.
Almond flour can be costly, so these can quickly become an expensive habit if you are a gluten or grain-free dessert junkie. I recommend using the super-fine blanched almond flour, since it prevents the cookies from having a grainy texture.
The blanched almond flour is superb, but also quite expensive (around $10 for a bag). Definitely a cookie you want to savor, not gorge yourself on. I was able to recently find a 2 lb. bag at Walmart for around $10, making these a bit more economical.
These are not at all grainy, and the texture and taste are spot on. They’re perfect for the occasional indulgence, and you and your friends will be hard-pressed to tell the difference between these and a wheat flour-based cookie.
These are pretty straightforward to make too. I am someone who likes quick and easy recipes, and these cookies certainly deliver. No stand or hand mixer required, and one bowl is all you need!
Simply mix the ingredients together, scoop them by the tablespoon-full onto a cookie sheet and bake. No fuss cookie magic.
You guys should go try these cookies right away. They’re worth it, trust me! Leave a comment below if you do. I imagine they would also be delicious with so many added ingredients.
Next time I make these, I have plans to add raspberries, yummm! I imagine these could be tweaked slightly for so many delicious autumn and holiday recipes.
Pumpkin chocolate? Yes please. Peppermint flavored? Of course. I think this could even be made into a gingerbread or sugar cookies with a few minor modifications.
If you enjoyed these double chocolate mint cookies, you will definitely love these other cookie recipes!
Grain-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour blanched works best (4 oz, 113 g)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (28 g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of your choice (For low-carb, I used erythritol) (48 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter or ghee room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 oz dark chocolate broken up (or 1/2 cup chocolate chips), use sugar-free to further reduce the carb count. I love the Lakanto brand.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spoon by tablespoon-full onto a baking sheet with two inches between. Press down to flatten. The recipe makes approximately 12 cookies.
- Cook 13-18 minutes or until edges begin to brown.