If you’re in need of a delicious crepe recipe that works for breakfast, dessert and everything in between, then these chocolate almond butter raspberry crepes are perfect! Paleo, dairy-free, low-carb.
Crepes for breakfast?? Yes, please.
Yup, you heard me right. I sometimes do indulge and make things like this for breakfast because, well, why not? You only live once. Plus, it’s not like falling off the rails and eating a wheat-based muffin. Perspective.
So if you are in need of a rich, indulgent breakfast, snack or dessert, then you are in the right place, my friend.
I must say that I have never had a real European crepe, but someday I know I will. For now, I will just pretend that I am sitting under the Eiffel Tower eating one of these DELICIOUS chocolate almond butter raspberry crepes.
Don’t they just look so mouth-watering? I am struggling writing this right now, because I would much rather be making another one of these at the moment!
So what is the secret to these delicious crepes?
There really isn’t one! They’re actually very simple to make, if I’m being honest. The crepe itself is made of egg, coconut flour, tapioca flour (aka tapioca starch), coconut milk and sweetener. They are easily cooked in a pan over medium heat.
What I like about this batter is that it is very easy to work with. You just need to make sure you don’t thin out the batter too much, otherwise your crepes will separate. I state in the recipe to add as much coconut milk as needed to thin out the batter so you can easily pour it and it spreads out nice and thin, but don’t add any more than that!
For the filling, you simply have to mix cocoa powder, almond butter, sweetener and coconut milk. If you want to thin it out, you can add some more coconut milk a little at a time.
You can also add the raspberries to the chocolate almond butter and mash them up a bit. Or you can just plop the raspberries on top, as I did. Either way, your taste buds will be super excited, for sure!
If you give these chocolate almond butter raspberry crepes a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will also like:
Chocolate Almond Butter Raspberry Crepes (Paleo, Dairy-Free, Low-Carb)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour I use this brand
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour or starch I use this brand
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice for low-carb, use stevia or erythritol. for paleo, use honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut or almond milk or enough to thin the batter out to a thin consistency that can be poured easily, but not too liquidy
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut or almond milk or enough to thin out the filling to the desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice for low-carb, use stevia or erythritol. for paleo, use honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raspberries fresh or frozen (60 g)
- Mix egg, coconut flour, tapioca flour and sweetener together in a bowl.
- Add coconut or almond milk in, a little at a time, and stir until combined. Add enough to thin the batter out. You want the batter to be fairly thin, so you can pour it freely to make a thin crepe. However, if you add too much liquid, the crepe will not stay together.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat with a little coconut oil.
- Add in half of the batter and cook until the edges begin to brown. Flip and cook until the other side begins to brown.
- Repeat for the second crepe.
- For the filling, add cocoa powder, almond butter, sweetener and coconut milk together. Stir until combined. Add additional milk in, if you want to thin out the mixture.
- If desired, add in raspberries and mix further.
- Add chocolate almond butter mixture inside the crepes. Add in raspberries and fold crepe over the filling. Enjoy!