An insanely simple three-ingredient recipe for when you need a little pick-me-up midday. Easy to grab from the fridge and no baking required! 1 net carb each! Gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, keto, dairy-free AND delicious!
I’m always looking for easy ways to get more calories and more healthy fats into my day. Unless I eat a substantial amount of fat, I find that I am ravenously hungry shortly after eating. Something about eating lots of carbs just doesn’t go very well for my body.
As a result of this realization (after years of trial and error), I finally found my way to a low-carb, high-fat way of eating and my energy has been so fantastic since. No energy crashes, no “hangry” outbursts, no 3 pm slumps.
I do find that I have to keep my fats up fairly high to be satiated throughout the day, because I do have a very high metabolism. If I find myself hungry in the middle of the day, I will often snack on something high fat, and bam, I’m back to my usual self.
These coconut butter fat bombs are great for those who are looking for a delicious treat, and are trying to avoid those energy-zapping carbs. Add an optional drizzle of chocolate sauce and you have a snack fit for a king or queen!
Making these coconut butter fat bombs couldn’t really be any easier! Start by melting some coconut butter and grass-fed butter or ghee. Microwave in 15 second bursts, making sure to stir between each increment.
Once it’s nicely melted, simply add in your stevia and divide evenly into 6 silicone baking cups or a silicone mold. Top with some sea salt and you’re good to go. Pop them in the fridge or freezer until hardened. If you’re pressed for time, you can simply stop there and be golden.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can top them with a mixture of melted chocolate and more coconut butter, or coconut oil. You’ll have to wait for the fat bomb itself to harden.
Once they are nice and hard, melt some dark chocolate and coconut butter or oil in the microwave in small increments, just as with the fat bomb itself. When the sauce is nice and smooth, take a spoon and drizzle the mixture on top of the fat bombs. Return to the fridge until fully hardened (this shouldn’t take too long), then they are ready to be enjoyed!
If you give these coconut butter fat bombs a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Coconut Butter Fat Bombs (Keto, Dairy-Free)
For Fat Bombs
- 6 tablespoons coconut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee for keto, use a stevia/erythritol blend, for paleo, use coconut sugar
- liquid stevia to taste 12 drops for mildly sweet, 24 drops for very sweet
- sea salt to top the fat bombs, optional
For Optional Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 square dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut butter or coconut oil
For Fat Bombs
- Add coconut butter and butter or ghee to a microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Mix in stevia to taste.
- Pour into six small containers. I love my silicone baking cups
- Place in fridge until hardened, approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.
For Chocolate Drizzle
- Once the fat bombs have hardened, you can make the chocolate drizzle.
- Add dark chocolate and coconut butter together in a separate microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate sauce on top of the fat bombs.
- Return to fridge until drizzle has hardened, or eat right away.
- These store best in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week, or in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to a month.
I added the lime zest and juice from 1 lime and wow are they ever tasty.
Thanks for the 5 star review, Kathy! I will definitely need to try adding lime, that sounds delightful!
Thank you for this simple recipe! After weeks of no sugar I really needed a pick me up. I added lime, as well, but not as much because I didn’t use stevia. The coconut butter is pretty sweet on its own. Can’t wait until they’re cool!
Sounds delicious, I love the addition of lime!
Are you kidding me?? Where has this been all my life! This could easily be addicting. So small batches at a time. Thank you 🥰
Thank you so much Connie, you made my day!