Looking for a super-quick snack or dessert that doesn’t require any cooking? Are you a huge lover of deep, rich dark chocolate? Then you’ve come to the right place! This edible brownie batter is great with a spoon, or as a dip for some strawberries! Low-carb, ketogenic, paleo, sugar-free, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
Several weeks ago, I posted one of my favorite easy peasy dessert recipes, an edible cookie dough bite recipe that I absolutely LOVE. It’s been one of my go-to snacks lately because it takes only a few minutes to pull together. It’s so great when you want something sweet, but don’t want to spend time baking.
Well, I think I have just outdone myself with this edible brownie batter recipe. I think I have found my new favorite recipe guys. What is better than edible cookie dough? How about edible brownie batter? YUM.
No baking. Only a few minutes. Tons of CHOCOLATE. Need I say more?
This incredible edible brownie batter is a recipe I guarantee you’ll be coming back to time and time again. I guarantee that your friends and family will be impressed, even if they don’t eat low-carb, Paleo or gluten-free. It really is a fantastic recipe for everyone to enjoy.
To make it, all you have to do is start by melting some butter or ghee, and mixing in some sweetener, cocoa powder and vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder. Next, mix in your coconut flour, one tablespoon at a time.
If you would rather use almond flour, I recommend using approximately 1 cup, mixing it in slowly as well.
Next you’ll want to mix in your heavy cream or coconut milk. This is where you can really easily make up for your mistakes if you added too much flour. Simply mix in the cream or milk slowly, until you reach a nice dip consistency. You want it to be nice and soft, so that it can be easily scooped up with some fruit, but not soupy either.
You can really have fun here. If you are looking for a certain consistency, simply add more or less milk. Also, if your mixture becomes too hard, especially after it sits in the fridge for awhile, simply mix in a bit of extra coconut milk or heavy cream. Luckily, this recipe is really forgiving!
If you’re in the mood for even more chocolate, check out this keto hot chocolate, or these other chocolatey recipes.
If you give this edible brownie batter a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Edible Brownie Batter
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee (melted) (2 oz)
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetener for keto, use a stevia/erythritol blend, for paleo, use coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (1 oz) see note below on substituting almond flour
- 1/3-1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut milk (80 ml to 120 ml) the amount will depend on the absorbance of the flour you use
- 1 oz. dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Mix melted butter with sweetener, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
- Mix in coconut flour one tablespoon at a time, making sure all clumps are removed.
- Mix in cream or coconut milk a tablespoon at a time, until well-incorporated. The amount you need will depend on the type and brand of flour you use. You want it to be a nice soft consistency that you can easily spoon it or scoop it up with a strawberry.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips or chunks.
- Eat with a spoon, or use as a dip for strawberries or apples.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.