These flourless almond butter brownies are soft, chewy and totally overloaded with cocoa powder and dark chocolate chunks. Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, low-carb, ketogenic.
Do you mind if I just take a quick minute to talk about my photography? No? Ok, good. I’ve been working really hard lately to improve my photography, and while I still struggle with lighting (such a challenge when you work full time…winter is such a bummer), I feel like I’m improving by leaps and bounds.
This is my first foray into action food photography, and I’m really having fun with it right now. I hope you enjoy these shots…let me know what you think!
Ok, now onto the main attraction! These flourless brownies are made with almond butter, honey, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract, and you really don’t miss the flour at all!
These turn out best when you use the oily stuff at the top of the jar of almond butter. They’re so moist and chocolatey, and loaded with a bunch of chocolate chips. You really can’t go wrong with these!
If you’re looking for a healthy recipe, these are definitely the perfect choice for you! They are refined-sugar free, Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and can easily be made ketogenic or low-carb by using a keto-friendly syrup for sweetener, such as Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup, which I have not tried personally, but I imagine would be ah-mazing.
They’re incredibly easy to make as well. Just mix all of the ingredients in a bowl except the chocolate chips, taking care to remove all the clumps of almond butter. Fold in half of the chocolate chips and pour into your greased baking dish. Top with remaining chocolate chips and bake. Super simple!
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook so you don’t miss a recipe!
Almond Butter Brownies
- 3/4 cup coconut butter or almond butter you want the oily stuff from the top of the jar
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup use sugar-free for keto
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks (sugar-free for low-carb or keto)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. If you had to melt the coconut oil, allow batter to cool back to room temperature, before adding chocolate chips. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Add batter to a small greased baking dish. I used a 6" by 4" baking dish, and this recipe filled it perfectly. You may need to double the recipe if you only have larger baking dishes.
- Place baking dish in the oven and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from dish.