These fluffy Paleo biscuits are a super-easy way to make dinner complete! One bowl and just a few minutes of prep required. Low-carb, Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
So I know I’ve spoken in previous posts about the trials and tribulations of not having an oven. But let me tell you, around the holidays, it can be incredibly tough not having a way to bake, because SO many recipes rely on that sacred oven!
So I did my best to get me through the beginning of the holiday season, but luckily I was visiting family recently, so was able to batch cook (bake) all of the holiday goodies!
I started with these tasty biscuits, because well, bread of some sort is practically a necessity around the holidays. Or really any time, and that goes for those who are gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free all at the same time. Yes, you still deserve bread too! That is, if you want it 🙂
These biscuits were super fun to make, because it had been so long since I had anything quite like it. Plus I’m all about the savory, salty foods. It was a nice break from the holiday cookie baking, that’s for sure!
Holiday meals also don’t need to be over-complicated, so for when your usual biscuit or roll recipe takes too long, this recipe can come to the rescue!
These fluffy Paleo biscuits only require one bowl and 5 minutes of prep, then you simply plop them onto a baking sheet and cook until they begin to turn slightly brown. See? Super easy!
To make the batter, all you have to do is mix together some almond flour, tapioca flour (aka tapioca starch), baking soda and salt. Add in room temperature butter or ghee, and eggs and mix until well-blended.
Add in apple cider vinegar, and mix once again. This will react with the baking soda to form gas bubbles that make the biscuits nice and fluffy! So if you’re sensitive to yeast, this is also a great recipe for you!
If you give these fluffy paleo biscuits a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
If you enjoyed these fluffy Paleo biscuits, then you may enjoy these other goodies!
Fluffy Paleo Biscuits
- 1 cup almond flour blanched works best (4 oz, 113 g)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or starch (30 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt I like this one
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt together. Stir to combine.
- Add in room temperature butter or ghee, and eggs. Stir until well-incorporated. Mix in apple cider vinegar and stir once more.
- Drop onto a greased baking sheet into 6-8 biscuits, depending on desired size. Top with an additional sprinkle of salt, if desired.
- Bake on top shelf of over for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.