These delicious ghee roasted carrots are both healthy and delicious, a winning combination! Great for those following a paleo or bulletproof diet or on a round of Whole30. Perfect for any dinner ranging from a super-casual BBQ to a formal Thanksgiving dinner!
Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables. They’re healthy, delicious and SO vibrant in color. I tend to struggle with “eating the rainbow”, as most of the food on my plate tends to be brown and green, as you can see from my Instagram photos.
Some nice roasted carrots are one of the best ways to get more of that coveted beta carotene into our diets. I know I sometimes have issues with dry eyes when I eat low-carb (and omega 6’s like chicken skin).
I always try to pair my meals that tend to dry out my eyes with carrots or sweet potatoes for a nice boost of vitamin A. It usually does the trick!
These roasted carrots are great for any night of the week, but they’re also so buttery that they fit perfectly in with a fancy holiday dinner too!
To make these beauties, start by peeling and chopping your carrots into sticks. Add them to a microwave-safe bowl with some water, and steam them until fork-tender (5-6 minutes should do the trick).
Drain the water and place the carrots in an oven-safe dish. Toss in some ghee or grass-fed butter and some salt, garlic and parsley. The carrots should be warm enough to melt the ghee or butter, so simply mix it all up, and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until they reach your desired tenderness. If you like your carrots more on the crunchy side, I recommend taking them out after 20-25 minutes.
If you give these ghee roasted carrots a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Ghee Roasted Carrots
- 8 large carrots
- 1/4 cup water (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or grass-fed butter Use ghee for whole30
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- pinch salt and garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Peel carrots and chop the ends off. Slice into sticks.
- Place carrot sticks in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Microwave until fork-tender, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Drain water and mix in ghee, dried parsley, salt and garlic powder. Stir until well-incorporated.
- Add seasoned carrots to an oven-safe dish, 9" x 11" works well.
- Place on the bottom rack of a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Feel free to remove sooner, if you like your carrots crunchier.
- Remove dish from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before serving.