If you love all things fall, then you will definitely enjoy this homemade pumpkin custard! It is creamy, spicy and perfect for dessert on cooler nights. Paleo, gluten-free, animal-based.
A sweet treat for any time of day!
It’s the height of pumpkin season, are you tired of it yet? I assume the answer is no, because you are here! There is no such thing as too much pumpkin, am I right?
This recipe will satisfy all of your cravings, and what I love more than anything is that this recipe works for any time of day. You can definitely eat it for breakfast, and it works as a sweet treat any time after that. It doesn’t have so much maple syrup that you feel bad eating it, so you can grab a piece any time and not feel bad!
Did I mention it is delicious? It really is 🙂
This pumpkin custard is easy to make and only requires one bowl.
To make this delicious homemade pumpkin custard, you will need the following ingredients:
- Canned 100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F (175 C).
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Stir until well-combined. Pour mixture into a 9″ x 12″ greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until firm in the center. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Once cooled, top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce or a sprinkle of additional cinnamon, if desired.
Store leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Can I use dairy-free milk in this recipe?
Yes, you can. Any milk will work, although I recommend using something without added sweetener or vanilla flavoring, as both are already included as separate ingredients.
Can I keep these fresh in the freezer for later?
Yes! I recommend freezing them individually with layers of parchment paper between, so that they do not stick to one another. Allow to thaw in the fridge for up to a day before consuming. It can be reheated in the microwave, although be sure not to overcook or the edges will become dry.
You may also enjoy:
Homemade Pumpkin Custard
- 2 cups canned 100% pumpkin
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup coconut sugar also works here
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Stir until well-combined. Pour mixture into a 9" x 12" greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until no longer soft in the center. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing, otherwise it falls apart.
- Once cooled, top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.