A quick and easy Italian zucchini noodle casserole with tomatoes and ground turkey. Cook the turkey, toss all the ingredients into a dish and cook in the oven! Gluten-free, grain-free, ketogenic, low-carb.
If you can’t tell already, quick and easy meals are kind of my specialty. Sometimes it’s fun to dabble in the kitchen for hours on end, but in reality, meals that come together in under 30 minutes are just the best.
There is so much going on in our lives that it’s nice to not add stress about eating healthy on top of it all. This Italian zucchini noodle casserole can be on the table in just about a half an hour, including prep and cook time. I know that’s what you wanted to hear!
As for the steps to make this tasty casserole, it’s also pretty darn easy! If you are familiar with spiralizing, this is where you can go to town with the zucchinis, making them into delicious noodles.
I do not own one of these fine contraptions, but instead, have a mandoline slicer which is capable of julienne cutting, which is what I do to make my noodles. I cut the ends off the zucchini, slice them in half (so the noodles are a more manageable size), and slice ’em up.
You’ll also need to cook some ground chicken, turkey or beef in a pan until no longer pink. It does not need to be fully cooked, but you do want it mostly cooked all the way, so that it is nicely done when the casserole finishes baking.
Toss the cooked turkey and zucchini noodles into a big baking dish and mix in some tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, along with some butter, garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese and place in the oven. See, not too hard, right?
Since you made it to the end of this recipe, I know you’ll love some of the other Italian inspired recipes on my site!
If you give this Italian zucchini noodle casserole a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Italian Zucchini Noodle Casserole (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)
- 1 lb ground turkey, chicken or beef (0.45 kg)
- 4 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes (400 g)
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce (225 g)
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt I love this Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (250 g)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (35 g)
- Preheat oven to 375F (190 C).
- Cook ground turkey in a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil until no longer pink.
- To a large baking dish, add spiralized or sliced zucchini, along with cooked ground turkey, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, butter, garlic powder and salt. Mix until well-coated.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and place in oven for 15-20 minutes. Broil for the last minute if you like your cheese browned. See note below about liquid at the bottom of the dish***