This low-carb tzatziki sauce is a delicious accompaniment to your favorite Greek meal! Keto, with a dairy-free, paleo and vegan option.
This low-carb tzatziki sauce is a delicious and super-simple sauce!
I’ve always enjoyed Greek food, it’s so hearty and rich. There’s so much to love about it, with the strong and tangy flavors. Tzatziki sauce is one of those iconic sauces, so many meals would not be the same without it!
It’s incredibly easy to make, that you are definitely missing out if you think it’s time consuming. The sauce took me just a few minutes to assemble. If you want to make it ahead so it can chill for awhile, just prep it 30 minutes to an hour before your meal.
It also stores well in an air-tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Just mix it back up if the yogurt separates at all. Greek yogurt tends to do that sometimes.
You just need a few simple, fresh ingredients to make this irresistible sauce!
As for the ingredients to make this low-carb tzatziki sauce, you will need the following:
- Plain Greek yogurt. Check to make sure it has no added sugar. You can select a low-carb or vegan plain yogurt variety, depending on your diet. If selecting a vegan yogurt, I definitely recommend an almond-based yogurt compared to a coconut-based yogurt. The coconut flavor does not compliment the other ingredients here, in my opinion.
- Fresh lemon juice
- Minced garlic, dill and mint
- Shredded cucumber, with the water drained off. Be sure to reserve the liquid for drinking, or making a green juice – it’s delicious!
- Sea salt
All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients together in a bowl and mix to combine! Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for a couple of days, if it can possibly last that long!
Can I use coconut cream instead of yogurt?
I tried to make it this way, and it did not taste good, in my opinion. The combination of the coconut and the lemon/mint/dill did not compliment each other well.
How long will this stay good in the refrigerator?
I recommend consuming the low-carb tzatziki sauce within 2-3 days. While storing, make sure to use an air-tight container.
You may also enjoy:
Low-Carb Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup low-carb plain Greek yogurt (unsweetened) to make it vegan or paleo, use a vegan or paleo Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced finely omit if you do not like the taste of mint
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber, liquid drained
- 1 large clove fresh garlic
- sprinkle of sea salt