These microwave biscuits are great for when the bread cravings strike, but you don’t want to turn on the oven and wait 45 minutes. Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, Paleo.
By now you should know that the central theme here at The Harvest Skillet is making healthy meals quick and easy. If eating healthy is challenging, then it’s way too easy to pass up on the opportunity to improve your health and wellbeing.
So when you want something that won’t make you pack on the pounds, but also doesn’t create unnecessary stress because “cooking healthy is time consuming”, these microwave biscuits will definitely keep you on track!
Ready in just a few minutes (seriously), they are a great addition to pretty much any meal. Plus they are completely dairy-free, Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free and low in carbs! Oh yeah, that’s right.
These microwave biscuits are also one of those recipes where you literally just mix the ingredients together and pop it into the microwave! No mess, no fuss, almost no time required. What could be better?
Start by melting your butter or ghee (be sure to use ghee for strictly dairy-free!), then adding in the egg. Mix thoroughly until the egg is well-incorporated.
Mix in the remaining ingredients and stir until there are no clumps. Split the batter in half and place onto a microwave-safe plate or parchment paper. You may want to grease the plate ahead of time if you’re worried about the biscuit sticking.
Sprinkle with salt and then pop into the microwave for between one minute and 90 seconds, depending on the power of your microwave. Repeat for the second biscuit, then you’re all set for dinner!
If you give these microwave biscuits a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
If you enjoyed these microwave biscuits, you may also like:
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- pinch Salt I like this Himalayan pink salt
- Melt butter or ghee, if necessary.
- Mix in one egg and whisk with a fork until incorporated.
- Mix in coconut flour and tapioca flour, and stir.
- Drop half of the mixture onto a microwave-safe plate or parchment paper and sprinkle with half of the salt. If you're worried about sticking, it might be helpful to spread a little bit of coconut oil onto your plate first.
- Microwave for approximately 1 minute.
- Drop other half of mixture onto plate, sprinkle with remaining salt and microwave.