Looking for a super quick dessert that takes just a few minutes? This microwave giant double chocolate cookie was made for you! Keto, low-carb, Paleo, sugar-free, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
One of the hardest parts about living in a tiny RV while traveling around the country and running a food blog at the same time, is the fact that I don’t have an oven. I know, I know, cry me a river.
Sometimes you just need a good cookie, but the options are so limited without access to an oven (or the time to bake, or whatever hindrance you have). So if you want a cookie NOW, then this recipe is a great option for you!
It comes together in just about 5 minutes, which certainly cannot be said for a conventional baked cookie recipe. There is a textural difference between this recipe and a crunchy, dense cookie with crispy edges.
A thick, crunchy cookie is one thing I don’t believe you can really replicate in a microwave. Now if you had a toaster oven, this totally might be possible. Unfortunately, I don’t have a toaster oven either *sad face*. Soon…
To make this microwave giant double chocolate cookie, you will want to start by melting some butter, ghee or coconut oil. Mix in some pieces of chocolate and stir around until melted. If it does not melt completely, return to microwave until chocolate is fully melted.
For the chocolate, I do recommend using a very dark chocolate, especially if you’re concerned about sugar and carbs. I really like 90% dark Lindt. For this recipe, you will need 3 squares (30 g).
Stir in sweetener, followed by egg and mix until egg whites are no longer visible. Lastly, add in coconut flour slowly, as you stir. Allow mixture to sit for several minutes until the moisture is well-absorbed.
To a piece of parchment paper or a greased microwave-safe plate, pour batter out and form into a giant cookie shape. Break up the remaining piece of chocolate and sprinkle on top.
The batter will likely be fairly moist, more so than a normal cookie dough recipe would be. This is normal. Don’t continue to add coconut flour, or the recipe will come out very dry.
Microwave for approximately 90 seconds, and allow to cool before consuming.
If you give this microwave double chocolate cookie a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
You may also enjoy these other super-chocolatey recipes!
Microwave Giant Double Chocolate Cookie
- 1 tablespoon butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 3 squares (30 g) dark chocolate I used 90% dark, and recommend a similar cocoa content
- 2 packets sweetener such as Pyure
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut flour
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe glass dish. I usually do 15 seconds, stir around, then another 15 seconds. This helps to prevent splatter in the microwave.
- Add in 2/3 of the dark chocolate (20 g), and mix until melted. Return to microwave for another 15 seconds if it does not fully melt.
- Add in sweetener, egg and coconut flour a little bit at a time.
- Stir until fully-incorporated.
- The mixture should be fairly wet, more so than a normal cookie batter would be. This is normal.
- Place on a sheet of parchment paper and spread into the shape of a cookie. Top with remaining chocolate, which can be cut or broken into pieces.
- Microwave for approximately 1 minute 30 seconds. Allow to cool before consuming.