This keto microwave sandwich bread is great for whenever that sandwich urge strikes. Ready in just a few minutes, this bread is perfect for any type of sandwich you can imagine. Gluten-free, grain-free, Paleo, ketogenic and low-carb. Made with just six simple ingredients, and only 1 net carb per slice!
Keto bread?! Yes, please!
Sometimes you just need a sandwich, even when you’re on keto, am I right? For those moments, I have a quick and easy solution for you…microwave keto bread!
It’s so simple to make too, you really can’t mess it up! Add melted butter, an egg, milk or water and apple cider vinegar to a container. Mix thoroughly, then add in baking soda and coconut flour. Continue to mix until there are no lumps.
Spray a separate microwave-safe container with non-stick spray and spoon half the batter into the bottom. Microwave for approximately 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
I did 2 minutes, just to make sure it was fully cooked on the inside. Seriously so much easier than waiting 45 minutes for an entire loaf in the oven, right?!
Oh, and recently I found these awesome bread-shaped containers. If you’re going for as close to sandwich bread as possible, do try them out!
Simply repeat the process to make two slices for a delicious sandwich. Oh, and the best part…one 1 net carb per slice…total win!
Can I toast the bread?
Yes, you can! I added one of the slices to a pan with some additional butter and toasted until golden brown.
I have not tried toasting these in a toaster. The bread is a little delicate, so I imagine it could be hard to get it out of the toaster. Let me know if you give it a try though, I would love to hear if it works!
I made a delicious keto BLT recipe with my bread, what did you make with yours? Be sure to let me know what you think in the comments below.
Microwave Sandwich Bread (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)
- 2 tablespoon butter or ghee melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon water or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, egg, apple cider vinegar and water or milk together until well combined.
- Add in baking soda and coconut flour.
- Grease a separate microwave-safe container the size and shape you want your bread (I recommend a roughly 4" x 4" square (10 cm x 10 cm) container). This bread-shaped container is my new favorite!
- Add half of the batter to greased container.
- Microwave for approximately two minutes. Allow to cool before removing from container. It should pop right out.
- Add the remaining batter to a greased second container. Microwave again for two minutes.