Looking for a delicious quick and easy dessert recipe? These no-bake mini coconut lime pies are SO perfect! Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, low-carb, sugar-free, Paleo.
I’ve been rather quiet lately about my health lately because usually I’m feeling so fantastic that there is no need to bring it up. However, I’ve been feeling off lately, and I’m thinking it may be as a result of the tick bite I got several months back, right before we left Connecticut.
I’m not someone who likes to publicly complain about my health struggles, although I am becoming more open to voicing my experiences and potential solutions, in the hopes that they can be of use to others who may be struggling.
I went ahead and made an appointment with a Lyme literate medical doctor, because I have seen how this kind of diagnosis can be devastating. I will definitely keep you all posted as to how the appointment goes.
These no-bake mini coconut lime pies are so easy to make, and super delicious to enjoy! The base layer is made of coconut butter and coconut oil, forming a thick and sturdy bottom. The top layer is a sweet whipped coconut lime topping that is super smooth and thick.
To make the base layer, you simply need to melt some coconut butter and coconut oil, then add in a few drops of stevia. Simply portion out the liquid into six silicone baking cups and allow to harden in the fridge.
While that’s hardening, you’ll want to make the whipped cream. For this, you’ll need a refrigerated can of full-fat coconut milk. You will want the top half, which is the part that hardens in the fridge.
Spoon the coconut cream into a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until whipped. This may take a few minutes, so be patient. Add in the juice of one lime and some stevia, to taste. Mix again until smooth.
Portion into the baking cups on top of the base layer. Return to the fridge until hardened, or to the freezer until solid. If you do freeze them, I recommend allowing them to thaw at room temperature for 5 minutes or so before consuming. This is my favorite way to enjoy them!
If you give these no-bake mini coconut lime pies a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Mini Coconut Lime Pies
For Coconut Base
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10-15 drops stevia
For Whipped Lime-Coconut Topping
- 1 13.66 oz can full-fat coconut milk refrigerated
- Juice of one lime
- 20-25 drops stevia
To Make Coconut Base
- Mix coconut butter and coconut oil together. If your coconut butter is solid, microwave until liquid, which should take 15-30 seconds. Mix until smooth.
- Add in stevia drops to taste and mix again. Portion into six silicone baking cups or a greased muffin tray.
- Place in the fridge until hardened, roughly 10-15 minutes.
For Whipped Topping
- For this recipe, you want to use the hard top-half of a can of full-fat coconut milk (this is called coconut cream). I recommend placing the can in the fridge the night before you want to make this recipe. Place the coconut cream into a bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, beat until the coconut cream forms a whipped consistency. Mix in the stevia and lime juice.
- Portion the whipped topping into the six silicone baking cups on top of the base layer. Top with slices of lime if desired. Return to the fridge until ready to serve. Note that the consistency will be soft if kept in the fridge. For a more solid consistency, place in the freezer for several hours, or until solid. Allow to thaw out for 5-10 minutes before consuming.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 30 days.