A simple 15 minute meal, this one skillet broccoli cheddar chicken is perfect for busy nights when your mind is elsewhere. All you need is one pot and five simple ingredients! Gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb and ketogenic.
I’m a real sucker for easy recipes. The easier the better. If I don’t have to cook anything, that’s the best of the best, but I do have lots of limitations on what I can eat due to a severe mold allergy, so most premade meals are off the table.
Hence why I’m so into quick and easy meals that can be made at home. Controlling ingredients is something I am very passionate about. I always seem to have a reaction to food when I eat out, even when it seems like a fairly healthy restaurant.
Meals like this one skillet broccoli cheddar chicken are fantastic when you want something really quick, but don’t want to compromise on your health.
To start making this delicious one skillet broccoli cheddar chicken, add some butter or coconut oil to the pan, and cook your chicken until no longer pink. Add in the heavy cream and chopped broccoli and simmer covered for several minutes until the broccoli softens.
Toss in the cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and seasonings of your choice. Mix until the cheese melts. That’s all there is to it! Easy, right? 🙂
For “seasonings of your choice”, you could really add in anything you like here. I do recommend a bit of garlic powder and some Italian seasoning, but feel free to get wild if you like!
If you give this one skillet broccoli cheddar chicken a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
One Skillet Broccoli Cheddar Chicken (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- 1 lb chicken breast (16 oz)
- 1 large head broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (2 oz)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- salt, pepper, garlic and other seasonings of your choice to taste
- Rice or cauliflower rice optional
- Heat butter in a large skillet. Cook chicken in a pan over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add in heavy cream and broccoli, and simmer covered until broccoli is soft, approximately 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Mix in cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and garlic, stirring until cheese is fully incorporated.
- Portion into bowls atop rice or cauliflower rice, and top with additional cheese or butter, if desired.