This harvest squash, pear and sausage skillet is PERFECT for autumn. It’s full of healthy goodness and so easy to make in just one skillet! Gluten-free and grain-free.
If this meal does not scream “FALL”, I don’t know what would. Apple chicken sausage, fresh pears, butternut squash, spinach, feta cheese and parsley. Yumm! This harvest squash, pear and sausage skillet will definitely not disappoint!
This delicious harvest squash, pear and sausage skillet comes together in less than 30 minutes, plus it only requires one pan to make. I just love easy meals, but even better than an easy meal is one with easy cleanup. It’s such a nice feeling to be able to relax after a busy day and only spend a few minutes to wash one pan and toss a few plates in the dishwasher.
Doesn’t get much easier, unless you go for takeout. But trust me, you’d be hard-pressed to find takeout this hearty and comforting.
There’s something about the act of bringing a bunch of autumn vegetables together that really creates a feeling of comfort and warmth. There is a sweetness from the pears, squash and apple sausage, a saltiness from the feta cheese, and a freshness from the parsley and spinach.
All of these flavors come together to create a dish that I promise will be very different from your usual meals in the best way possible.
Doesn’t that harvest squash, pear and sausage skillet just look so delicious? It certainly tastes as good as it looks! Plus it’s so easy that you could make it while you are half asleep. Not that I recommend this, but it really is so simple that I’m sure it’s possible.
If you aren’t a huge fan of one of the ingredients, there are so many substitutions that you can make here. Apples instead of pears, kale instead of spinach, you can really customize it however you’d like! For those who are Whole30 or Paleo, you can simply omit the feta cheese and you’re good to go!
I hope you guys enjoyed this delicious harvest squash, pear and sausage skillet. If you enjoy this type of recipe, please leave a comment below so I know to make more recipes like it. I hope everyone has an amazing fall filled with deliciously comforting foods and lots of cuddles. It’s by far my favorite season (can you tell?) 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe, you would also probably like this sweet potato, kale and apple sausage skillet.
One Skillet Harvest Squash, Pear and Sausage
- 1 lb chicken sausage cooked, I used the Aidells brand
- 3 pears
- 8 oz. frozen spinach or 1 bag fresh
- 12 oz. butternut squash or 1/2 fresh butternut squash
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 Tbsp parsley if desired
- pinch salt I love this Himalayan pink salt
- Cut up pears and chicken sausage.
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add in frozen spinach and frozen butternut squash and cook until thawed. If using fresh, start by cooking the butternut squash, then add in the spinach once it is soft.
- Add in pears once the butternut squash and spinach are no longer frozen. Cook until they begin to soften, another 5 minutes or so.
- Add in cooked sausage and cook until warmed. Top with feta and parsley, if desired.