This one skillet meal is so incredibly simple, and only take 20 minutes from start to finish. The ground turkey is so juicy and flavorful, thanks to the easy and healthy homemade taco seasoning.
Unless you read every ingredient on your labels (I know I’m in the minority here, since I always do), you might be surprised to know that there are some not-so-nice ingredients snuck into your pre-packaged seasonings.
The taco seasoning in the grocery store is often loaded with preservatives, not to mention sometimes even wheat and dairy. I recently had to abandon my favorite garlic salt because it contained corn starch and some other undesirable stuff. Who would have known?
Luckily, with very little effort, you can usually recreate the taste of your favorite seasoning packets at home. All you need is garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sea salt and red pepper flakes, and you have a delicious and flavorful taco seasoning.
These turkey nachos are so easy to make, that I even made them while I was camping last weekend in our RV. If I can make it on a propane stove in a teeny tiny kitchen on wheels, you can certainly make it in your kitchen at home.
Let me tell you, these nachos were so fragrant that they made the entire RV smell amazing for the rest of the night. Luxury camping for sure 🙂
Might I also add that this Cilantro Honey Lime sauce would be a perfect addition to this recipe? There goes my mouth watering again…
One Skillet Turkey Nachos (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes liquid drained
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 can black beans
- 1 4.5 oz can green chilis
- Juice of 1 lime plus more for squeezing on top, if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sweet potato or tortilla chips
- For taco seasoning: 1 Tbsp chili powder 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp cumin 1/2 tsp sea salt 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes 1/2 tsp paprika I love this Himalayan pink salt
- Heat oil over medium heat and add in ground turkey, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Add in drained diced tomatoes, black beans and green chilis, and cook for five minutes.
- Add in lime juice and top with cheese and cilantro
- Serve with a side of tortillas or sweet potato chips and additional lime juice, if desired.