A simple and quick recipe, this orange ginger veggie stir fry is perfect for busy nights! Takes less than 30 minutes, and can be made in just one skillet! Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian, low-carb, Whole30, Paleo.
It’s not very often that the Paleo and vegan communities come together, but when they do, that is where the magic happens. This orange ginger veggie stir fry is one of the best crowd-pleasing meals, because you can seriously feed it to everyone!
It’s great as a main dish, a side dish or a snack! It pretty much pleases all types of palates, and if you’re not a fan of the vegetables used, simply substitute them for ones you like better! Stir frys are great because you can so easily substitute, that there really is no reason to NOT try it!
This one is loaded with lots of colors and flavors, that you will for sure feel more healthful after eating it too. Don’t you just love recipes that both taste good and make your body feel good? Total win win.
Making this stir fry is incredibly straightforward as well. The best part is that it is made in one skillet, so you can spare yourself the long aftermath at the kitchen sink. One dish to wash and you’re done!
Start by steaming the carrots, because they take the longest time to cook. Once they begin to soften a bit, add in your other veggies. I used broccoli and swiss chard, although you can really add anything you want. Bok choy, mushrooms, water chestnuts, there are tons of options!
Once the veggies are steaming, you can go ahead and mix up the sauce! It’s made of orange juice (I recommend juicing your own oranges fresh), coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, ginger and garlic. Simply mix them all together, and when your veggies are almost done, drain the water and toss in the sauce! Mix it all up and allow it to finish cooking in the sauce.
Serve with a bed of rice or cauliflower rice, if desired!
If you give this orange ginger veggie stir fry a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Orange Ginger Veggie Stir Fry
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 head bok choy or swiss chard
- 4 medium carrots
- mushrooms or any other vegetables you like
- cooked rice or cauliflower rice if desired
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- Add carrots to a large skillet with one cup water. Bring to a boil and then turn down to medium low and cover to steam for approximately 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Add in chopped broccoli and bok choy or swiss chard. Steam for a few more minutes, or until the other veggies begin to soften.
- While the veggies are steaming, mix orange juice, coconut aminos, ginger and garlic together in a small container.
- Drain water from the veggies if necessary.
- Add in sauce and stir. Simmer for a few more minutes to allow the sauce to be absorbed.