Looking for some super low-carb bread to accompany any meal? This Parmesan garlic flatbread is delicious and less than 1 net carb per slice! Keto, gluten-free, grain-free, primal.
Low-carb Parmesan garlic flatbread with less than 1 g net carbs each?? Count me in!
For awhile, I really had trouble with dairy. Parmesan cheese is one of my favorite foods, and I was really sad to see it go. After removing it from my diet for quite awhile, I’ve had better luck lately with small amounts of it.
I’m so glad to have it back on occasion, because recipes like this Parmesan garlic flatbread just make me SO happy!
Doesn’t it look so delicious? My mouth waters every time I see these photos.
Let’s make some, shall we?
I love how easy this Parmesan garlic flatbread is to make, and I’m sure you’ll agree! For the flatbread itself, you only need three glorious ingredients! Yup, you read that right. You need almond flour, eggs and mozzarella cheese.
Simply mix them all together. It should form a liquidy batter. Pour that onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and spread it out fairly thin. It will rise a bit while it cooks.
While the flatbread is cooking, go ahead and make the Parmesan garlic topping, which is by far my favorite part of this flatbread, as I’m sure you will agree.
To make the topping, you’ll need butter, garlic salt, dried parsley and of course…Parmesan cheese! I like to use grated Parmesan here, but freshly-shredded works also.
Simply melt the butter and add the other ingredients. After the flatbread comes out of the oven, slather the topping all over and slice into pieces. It’s really that easy!
Can I use another type of flour here?
Yes, you can. The premise is still the same. If you want to use coconut flour, the ratio you’ll need is approximately 1:4 coconut to almond flour. So for this recipe, you would need approximately 2 tablespoons of coconut flour. Just know that with coconut flour, there will be a slight coconutty flavor, and the carb count will be slightly different!
You may also like:
Parmesan Garlic Flatbread (Keto, Gluten-Free)
For the flatbread
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour (56 g)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (56 g) I like whole milk
- 3 large eggs
For the Parmesan garlic topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese shredded would also work
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix almond flour, mozzarella cheese and eggs in a bowl. Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread very thinly.
- Place into the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are beginning to brown and the center is firm.
- Allow to cool, then slice into 8 squares or strips.
- Mix Parmesan garlic topping ingredients in a bowl and spread on top of each piece of flatbread.