Mmmmm peanut butter. I just love the nuttiness and super protein-packed amazingness that is peanut butter. These peanut chicken lettuce wraps feature it in all of it’s delicious glory.
This quick meal will be on the table in under half an hour. It’s excellent for those action-packed days where you don’t have the energy to spend an hour or more on dinner.
This recipe uses the Asian Peanut Sauce that I have posted previously. It is such a versatile sauce that you’d be hard-pressed to find something that does not go well with it.
Ok, maybe that’s an exaggeration. But really, it goes super well with so many things! It can be used as a stir fry sauce, a noodle dish sauce or even as a veggie dip.
You can even batch prep a large amount of it and use it throughout the week on several different meals! Did I mention the sauce takes under 5 minutes? It’s the most convenient and delicious thing ever.
Plus, if you are like me and the peanut sauce is not enough peanuts for you, you can chop some up while your ground chicken is cooking. Throw them on top at the end, along with some fresh cilantro, a lime wedge, and some veggies of your choice.
I ate mine with a side of broccoli, and had I thought of this earlier, I totally would have dipped my broccoli in extra sauce. Why am I just thinking of this now??
Here’s a pro tip – drain the liquid from your ground chicken before adding the peanut sauce. This way you do not have a watery mess when you are trying to pick up your lettuce wraps. Also, thicker lettuce leaves work best, if you intend to eat them by hand.
Once the peanut chicken is fully cooked, all you need to do is place a couple spoonfuls in your lettuce wraps, then top with whatever you are in the mood for. I used water chestnuts and carrots in mine. Feel free to add a squeeze of lime, cilantro or even more peanuts.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below!
Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Carb)
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 serving of Asian peanut sauce
- 1 - 8 oz. can water chestnuts
- 5 oz. carrot matchsticks half bag
- cilantro chopped peanuts, lime wedges, etc. for toppiing
- 1 head of butter crunch or another large leaf lettuce
- pinch salt I love this Himalayan pink salt
- Cook ground chicken/turkey.
- Mix 1/2 of Asian peanut sauce recipe.
- Add peanut sauce in with cooked ground chicken.
- Set out lettuce wraps. Add in a scoop of peanut chicken. Top with water chestnuts, carrots, chopped peanuts, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.