If you’re in the mood for chocolate, then you will LOVE these peppermint chocolate truffle bites! They are sugar-free, keto, low-carb, Paleo, vegan and dairy-free.
Peppermint and chocolate. Two ingredients that are MADE for one another. You really can’t make it through the holidays without having this sweet and refreshing combo at least once. If you do somehow manage to not indulge, props to you for being a stronger person than I.
Plus, after all of that holiday baking, it’s nice to simplify things and make a no-bake recipe or two. These peppermint chocolate truffle bites are great for when you still want some holiday goodies, but don’t feel like whipping out all of the kitchen gadgets. I can totally relate.
Oh, and then there is the taste and texture. Not only are they incredibly tasty, they also have a super-secret ingredient that you’d never guess and certainly can’t taste. If you somehow guessed avocado, then you are a true winner!
The avocado provides that perfect creamy texture, and it helps to act as a binder or filler by adding a bit of bulk. Then there is the super-intense dark chocolate, because well, duh. Chocolate. Need I say more?
Then of course there is the aromatic peppermint, which helps to bring the flavors to new heights. It’s the perfect level of peppermint and chocolate, so your mouth can rejoice!
Making these delicious truffles, as you can imagine, is super easy and takes just a few minutes. I started by melting some Lindt 85% dark chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave. Be sure to watch closely here, so it does not burn.
Once melted, add in half of a medium ripe avocado, and mash until fully combined. You don’t want there to be any clumps, so be sure to keep mashing with a fork, if necessary.
Add in the peppermint extract, and enough stevia to satisfy your sweet tooth. Return to the fridge for a few more minutes, or until they have solidified a bit more.
You can totally stop here, or you can roll them in whatever toppings you like. Cocoa powder works great, or you can use shredded coconut or chopped nuts. You can go totally wild if you like, and do all three! Whatever your heart desires.
You may also enjoy:
Peppermint Chocolate Truffle Bites
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate 85% dark or higher, I used Lindt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 drops stevia or to taste
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- drizzle of melted chocolate
- Add dark chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in pulses of 15 seconds until melted. Be sure to mix between pulses, to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Add in half of an avocado, and mash into the melted chocolate until there are no clumps remaining.
- Add in peppermint extract and stevia to taste.
- Stick in fridge for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture has solidified enough to form into balls.
- Using a melon-baller, your hands, or a teaspoon, form into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in cocoa powder, chopped nuts or drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Return to fridge until ready to serve.
- These store best in the fridge for 4-5 days. If yours are quite hard after storing in the fridge, set them out at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving and they should soften up perfectly.