Tired of the same old breakfast routine? Looking for something unique that will get people to turn their heads in confusion? Well then look no further than these pesto scrambled eggs!
Take my word for it guys, this is a real winner! It may look strange and unappealing (you would not believe how hard it is to take attractive photos of something mushy and green 😛 ), but I’m telling you, the taste of these scrambled eggs definitely elevates breakfast to a whole new level.
These pesto scrambled eggs are one of those recipes that could not be easier to make. Just whip up a half of a batch of lemon basil walnut pesto, and mix it in while the eggs are cooking. If you plan to make the eggs ahead, and plan to reheat them, I find that leaving out the lemon lends itself to a better flavor.
The lemon seems to be magnified after reheating for some reason. Unless you think lemon and egg go well together, in which case, go for it! It’s just not my personal preference.
Mix in some kale when the eggs are almost done, and top with some cheese, if desired. Mmmmm! Breakfast doesn’t get much easier and more tasty than these pesto scrambled eggs, guys.
You could even add in some ham and you’ve got a full-blown Dr. Seuss breakfast! 🙂
Pesto and Kale Scrambled Eggs
- 1/2 lemon basil walnut pesto - I recommended leaving out the lemon
- 6 eggs
- Mozzarella cheese to top if desired
- Splash of milk I used almond
- Salt and pepper to taste I love this Himalayan pink salt
- Crack eggs into pan over medium heat. Stir until partially cooked, then add in a splash of milk.
- Mix in kale or spinach and cook.
- Add in 1/2 of lemon basil walnut pesto and stir to combine. It is recommended to eliminate the lemon, especially if having for leftovers. The lemon flavor is accentuated in the leftovers.
- Continue to stir until eggs are thoroughly cooked. Top with mozzarella cheese, if desired.