This pumpkin chocolate chip bread is the epitome of fall flavors! Spicy, sweet and chocolatey, it will be a hit for the whole family! Paleo, low-carb, dairy-free.
This pumpkin chocolate chip bread is a fall favorite
Time for another pumpkin recipe! I sure hope you’re not tired of them at this point, although I guess you probably wouldn’t have clicked on this if you were 🙂
I was looking back on my previous pumpkin recipes and realized I never had a pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe. I’m not sure how it slipped through the cracks, but here we are. Finally making some pumpkin bread!
What I love about this recipe is how it’s so dang simple to make, but also incredibly tasty! It really only takes a handful of ingredients, and two bowls to bring the batter together.
A simple bread recipe with no rising or resting required
To make the bread, you will need the following ingredients:
- Canned pure pumpkin
- Dairy-free milk of choice
- Coconut sugar, or a granulated sweetener of your choice
- Blanched almond flour
- Ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Chocolate chips, sugar-free if desired
Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl, and stir to combine until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Mix the dry ingredients (all except for the chocolate chips), into a second bowl, and stir to combine.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry in stages, mixing well to combine. Add in the chocolate chips last, reserving some for sprinkling on top.
Pour into a well-greased bread pan, and top with remaining chocolate chips.
Bake in a preheated oven set to 350F for 40-45 minutes, or until the center no longer looks gooey. Allow to cool fully before removing from bread pan.
Can I use coconut flour instead of almond flour?
Yes, you can. This is the only flour substitute I can confidently say yes to. Instead of using the 1-1/2 cups of almond flour, you will need approximately 1/2 cup of coconut flour. Be sure to remove all clumps from the flour before mixing in the wet ingredients.
Can I omit the chocolate chips, are they critical to the recipe?
Nope, they are optional, so feel free to leave them out!
You may also enjoy:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or erythritol for low-carb
- 1-1/2 cup almond flour (168 g)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips sugar-free, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix all dry ingredients except chocolate chips together in a second bowl.
- Add wet ingredients into dry a little at a time until well-combined.
- Add in chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top of the bread.
- Pour mixture into a greased bread pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.