Sweet potatoes have to be one of my favorite side dishes. There are SO many things you can do with them, and they fit such a wide range of cuisines.
There is something so great about their subtle sweetness that makes them pair perfectly with not only other sweet accompaniments, but also with salty, spicy and savory items as well.
As a lover of the sweet and salty combination, I knew I had to create a sweet potato side dish that is not only perfect for the holidays, but really any time of the year.
These roasted garlic sweet potatoes definitely fit that bill perfectly! They are definitely going to be one of my go-to side dishes going forward because they’re so quick and easy, and have so much flavor! What’s not to love?
To make these delightful roasted garlic sweet potatoes, you’ll want to start by chopping several sweet potatoes into cubes. It definitely helps to have a super sharp knife when working with sweet potatoes, they can be challenging to cut, for sure!
Heat some ghee or butter in a pan over medium heat (nonstick or seasoned cast iron works best), and toss in your sweet potatoes. Cook until they begin to soften.
Add in some minced garlic. Fresh garlic works best here for maximum flavor, but you could also use garlic powder or the pre-minced garlic if you’re pressed for time.
You don’t want to add the garlic at the beginning because it will burn while the sweet potatoes cook. That is why I recommend waiting until the sweet potatoes begin to soften.
At this same time, you can add in your salt and parsley. Now all you have to do is cook until the sweet potatoes soften to your liking!
If you enjoyed these roasted garlic sweet potatoes, you will also love:
Roasted Garlic Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley minced finely
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt I like this Himalayan pink salt
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch (13 mm) cubes.
- Heat ghee or butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Toss in cubed sweet potatoes and stir.
- Add lid and cook until sweet potatoes are softened.
- Stir frequently so sweet potatoes do not burn.
- Add in garlic, parsley and salt and stir.
- Cook for a few more minutes, or until sweet potatoes are cooked to your liking.