Keto snickerdoodle cookies?? Yes, those are a thing. You can eat these low-carb treats with zero guilt! Gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, ketogenic.
Happy Holidays everyone! It’s that great time of the year where all everyone wants is tasty Christmas-themed desserts. It’s going to be nearly impossible to get through the month of December without eating at least one cookie, no matter what sort of diet you plan on sticking to.
Well, to minimize the guilt that comes with “cheating” this time of year, I’m here to bring you some cookie recipes that are a bit on the healthier side. This week, these tasty snickerdoodle cookies are taking center stage.
Is there anything better than cinnamon for the holidays? I love nothing more than the sweet spiciness that is a delicious cookie slathered in cinnamon. If you are anything like me, these snickerdoodles will not dissapoint!
I don’t know about you, but around the holidays, I find myself pressed for time, and spending lots of time working with separate bowls and chilling dough is sometimes just not in the cards. I try my best to create recipes that are simple, straightforward and take just a few minutes to prepare.
Just mix all of the ingredients together in a single bowl, making sure to remove all of the clumps but don’t overmix, and you’re ready to roll the dough into balls! No chilling or excessive dishwashing required. Simply roll them into balls roughly 1.5 inches in diameter.
Once you have the balls prepared, roll them in cinnamon sugar and flatten them down on a baking sheet, and your work is done. Pop them in the oven and in just a few minutes, you’ll have a healthy holiday treat! There is just one thing to be cognizant of as these bake…the cinnamon sugar coating does have a tendency to burn.
I recommend watching them closely for the last few minutes to ensure that they don’t get too dark. If your oven is unpredictable, I recommend moving them to a lower rack towards the end.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season filled with zero food guilt, irregardless of the food choices you make. I know I will certainly be enjoying some delicious homemade gluten and grain-free cookies, such as these tasty snickerdoodle cookies. Leave a comment below if you try them, I would love to know what you think 🙂
Snickerdoodle Cookies (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Low-Carb)
- 1 cup almond flour blanched, super-fine
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 Tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt I love this Himalayan pink salt
- 4 Tbsp sweetener separated into 3 Tbsp for dough and 1 Tbsp for topping
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, butter, egg, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and 3 Tbsp of sweetener in a bowl.
- Once dough is thoroughly mixed, roll into balls and place on a baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining 1 Tbsp of sweetener with 1 tsp of cinnamon until combined. Roll dough balls in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place dough balls onto a baking sheet and flatten into cookie shapes. Place one inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Be sure to watch closely at the end, as they could start to burn around the edges. When in doubt, take them out a little early, as they will harden as they cool.