Breakfast for dinner anyone? This crustless quiche is the perfect meal for four when paired with a tasty side salad. It’s really healthy, super simple to make, and is an excellent choice for those of you with food sensitivities.
It is free of gluten and grains, can easily be made dairy free AND it’s vegetarian! You will not miss the crust, I promise! As long as you grease your dish well, you should not have a problem getting your slices out of the pan in one piece.
If you are Paleo or on the Whole30 diet, this is also perfect for you because it is suitable to both, simply by omitting the cheese on top. You won’t even miss the cheese because this quiche is already great without it!
Now onto the best part – the secret ingredient in this quiche that makes it so incredibly fluffy and moist is coconut milk! Most recipes call for regular milk which is denser and thicker. This quiche has a lighter texture to it that makes it so enjoyable to chow down on.
Not to mention that coconut milk is much healthier for you than regular milk 😉 I would recommend going with the full-fat coconut milk since that is what I used. I have not tested it with the reduced-fat coconut milk.
I hope you all enjoy this delicious crustless quiche, it’s super tasty and really delicious!
Oh! I almost forgot to mention that this makes fantastic leftovers for breakfast. Enjoy! 🙂
Super Fluffy Crustless Quiche (Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Vegetarian)
- 6 eggs
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 peppers sliced, or half a bag frozen peppers
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese omit if Paleo or Whole30
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- pinch salt I love this Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Saute mushrooms, peppers and onions in a pan over medium heat with olive oil until softened.
- Drain liquid and place into the bottom of an oiled pie dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and coconut milk. If there are still some small lumps of coconut milk after mixing, that is ok
- Pour egg and coconut milk mixture over veggies in the dish.
- Top with cheese, if desired.
- Cook on bottom or middle rack for 45 minutes.