If you’re looking to do the holidays a bit healthier this year, then this Thanksgiving Cauliflower Rice Stuffing is right up your alley! Keto, paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
Thanksgiving is always such a special time of year. So many memories from growing up, important time spent with family and of course, lots of good food!
I just love all of the rich, flavorful and sometimes overly sweet dishes that Thanksgiving is known for. While I’m perfectly ok with indulging on the rare special occasion, I do know that there are some foods that just don’t agree with me.
Wheat is one of those foods, so I avoid it at almost all costs, especially in large amounts you would find in a Thanksgiving stuffing dish.
But of course, I did not want to miss out on all that flavors that you expect in a stuffing recipe, so I decided to make one of my own! Not only is this recipe gluten and grain-free, it’s also dairy-free, low-carb, keto and Paleo!
When it comes to easy recipes, this one is definitely up there! It’s simple, while still containing all the delicious flavors you expect in stuffing.
If you use frozen cauliflower rice (which I do recommend), microwave according to the package directions. Or if you’re like me and don’t want to microwave in plastic, toss into a glass dish and then microwave.
While that’s cooking, to a large pan, add butter or ghee, onion and celery. Cook until softened, making sure to stir often so they don’t burn. Once the cauliflower rice is cooked, drain the excess liquid and add into the onion and celery mixture.
Toss in some chicken stock and cook until the liquid is absorbed. The last step is to add in the fresh herbs and cook until they begin to soften. That’s really all there is to it!
You can also prep this one ahead of time, if you’re pressed for time or space on Thanksgiving itself. Simply store in the fridge for 2-3 days, then toss it back into the microwave to warm up. Super easy, right?
Other Thanksgiving recipes you might enjoy:
Thanksgiving Cauliflower Rice Stuffing (Keto, Paleo)
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 12 oz bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed fresh parsley chopped finely
- fresh poultry herb blend (one 3/4 oz clamshell package or something similar to the following: 1 sprig rosemary, 6-8 sage leaves, 2 sprigs thyme, chopped finely
- Microwave frozen cauliflower rice according to package directions.
- Add butter to a large pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and celery, and cook until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- After cauliflower rice has cooked, place into a strainer or a clean dish cloth, and wring out excess moisture.
- Add drained cauliflower rice and chicken stock to the onion and celery mixture.
- Cook until the chicken stock is absorbed.
- Add in fresh herbs and allow herbs to cook down for several minutes.
- Serve right away or allow to cool and store in the fridge for 2-3 days if prepping ahead of time.