Incredibly chocolately, these triple chocolate muffins are a sweet and decadent breakfast, dessert or snack! Gluten-free, grain-free, ketogenic, low-carb, Paleo, dairy-free.
If desserts labeled simply as “chocolate” don’t do it for you, you might be a chocoholic. If you dream about chocolate, or things containing it, you might be a chocoholic. If you keep a bar stashed in your drawer at work for emergency cravings, you might be a chocoholic.
Does this sound like you? It certainly describes me to a tee. I assume it also describes you, because otherwise you’re in the wrong place! These triple chocolate muffins can really only be described using one word, and that is CHOCOLATE!
For this recipe, you’ll need cocoa powder, bakers chocolate or another type of dark chocolate, and some dark chocolate chips. We mean business when it comes to chocolate around here.
To make these super decadent triple chocolate muffins, you’ll begin by mixing the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add in your wet ingredients slowly, starting with the coconut oil or butter.
You can use whatever type of sweetener you prefer, either liquid or granulated should work. Next, add in the eggs one at a time until fully-incorporated.
Next, add in some melted chocolate. If you’re melting it in the microwave, you may need to add a bit of oil or butter to prevent it from burning. Be sure to mix often while microwaving.
Once that is all mixed well, add some chocolate chips into the batter. At this point, the batter should resemble the consistency of pancake batter. You can easily tweak it by adding more coconut flour to thicken, or by adding an additional egg to thin it out.
Portion the batter into a muffin tin, using either paper liners or my favorite silicone ones. Top with even more chocolate chips, if you’d like. See, I told you we weren’t messing around here. Toss into a preheated oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
If you give these triple chocolate muffins a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Triple Chocolate Muffins (Gluten-Free, Low-Carb)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice erythritol for keto, maple syrup for Paleo
- 4 eggs
- 2 squares or 20 g melted dark chocolate (20 g) I used Lindt 90% dark
- 2 handfuls dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix cocoa powder, coconut flour and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Once well-incorporated, add in coconut oil or butter and sweetener. Mix again.
- Add in eggs, one at a time until well mixed.
- Add in melted dark chocolate, and mix once more. You want the consistency to be that of a batter. If too liquidy, add in a bit more coconut flour. If too thick, add in one more egg. Mix again. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Portion into a well-oiled muffin tin, or into silicone baking cups. Top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from liners.