An incredibly simple two-ingredient skillet pizza crust recipe that is much simpler and faster than a traditional pizza. Made entirely on the stove, it’s great for those without a working oven, or if you desire something a little different! Gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, ketogenic.
Last week, we were up at Acadia National Park, and spent the week in our RV. I had a hankering for some pizza while we were there, so I somewhat accidentally came up with this gem of a recipe.
Sometimes it can be challenging not having an oven, especially when you’re such a fan of cooking. We’re moving into our RV full time in just a few weeks, which will certainly take some getting used to, when it comes to cooking and making recipes.
So when those cravings hit, I’ll just have to get a little creative about how I make things. I know I won’t be missing any pizza, because recipes such as this two-ingredient skillet pizza crust really hit the spot.
No flour, only two ingredients, and just a few minutes of time. It’s really so much simpler and easier than a regular pizza crust, with all of the taste of a regular pizza, which makes this recipe the ultimate no-brainer for busy nights!
This two-ingredient skillet pizza crust really could not be easier to make! Simply mix your cheese and eggs together and add half of the mixture to a preheated nonstick pan with some coconut oil. Spread thinly, so that it cooks evenly. I recommend making them approximately 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter.
Cook until golden brown around the edges. Flip and cook until golden on both sides. Turn the heat to low and add your sauce, cheese and toppings. Place cover on top of pan and let it sit until the cheese melts.
Simply repeat the process with the second half of the batter. See? Super simple!
I also could see this recipe being super great as a savory wrap, as it’s incredibly strong and sturdy. It is also nice and crispy around the edges, but it can get a bit flimsy in the middle, depending on how thin you make the crust.
Either way, the taste is spot on, so I know you’ll enjoy it regardless of how you use it, or what toppings you add!
If you give this two-ingredient skillet pizza crust a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Two-Ingredient Skillet Pizza Crust (Low-Carb)
- 1.5 cup shredded cheese (6 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cococnut oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Mix cheese and eggs together in a bowl.
- Pour half of the mixture into the hot pan and spread out into a thin layer with a spoon. You want the crust to be approximately 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter.
- Cook until the edges begin to brown, approximately 3-5 minutes, before flipping.
- Cook on the other side for 1-2 more minutes, or until it begins to turn brown.
- Add sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you want (see note below about toppings). Turn heat down to low and put lid on top. Cook on low for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Repeat process with the other half of the batter, being careful to watch that it doesn't burn. Since the pan will be hotter, the second crust will likely cook much faster.