An easy no-bake recipe for vegan chocolate crunch bars! Made with maple syrup or stevia, these are not only healthy but also tasty and quick. Refined sugar-free and gluten-free, but still filled with lots of goodness.
It has been quite awhile since I ate a conventional candy bar, and even longer since I felt ok eating them. The candy bars we all know and love are filled with soy, milk products, gluten, preservatives and refined sugars.
Even crunch bars, which I totally thought were gluten-free, contain barley malt syrup, making them a not-so-great option for Celiacs and others avoiding gluten.
Even if the barley malt syrup magically disappeared from all candy bars overnight, I would still be avoiding them though. In my mind, there is just too much in them that I am not fond of putting in my body.
I do occasionally like a “sweet” treat though, and candy bars can be fun and nostalgic. I also love eating something lower in sugar and less-refined, so there is no guilt afterwards either.
These delicious bars remind me of crunch bars, but also have their own unique twist that makes them feel new and exciting. Made with dark chocolate, coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter, maple syrup and Rice Chex, these have a fun crunch and a nutty, rich taste.
They do have a bit of a coconut flavor, but this can be easily modified for those who dislike the taste of coconut, or for those looking for a more traditional tasting bar.
Another reason I love these so much is because they are SO easy to make that you really could make them in your sleep. No really, I think you could. Simply melt the chocolate, coconut oil and coconut butter together in the microwave. Mix in the almond butter and maple syrup and stir until all combined and smooth.
Lastly, mix in the Rice Chex and stir until fully coated. Line a dish with foil or parchment paper and add the mixture in. Refrigerate until solid, roughly 30 minutes to 1 hour.
These store best in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week, or up to a month in the freeze.
If you give these vegan chocolate crunch bars a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
No-Bake Vegan Crunch Bars (Sugar-Free)
- 3 oz dark chocolate (60 g) I used Lindt 85%, feel free to use a less-rich chocolate if you prefer
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (90 ml) I used extra virgin, but you can use refined for a more neutral taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (manna) (28 g) you can substitute more coconut oil if you don't have any
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (32 g)
- 1 tablespoon granulated or sticky sweetener (15 ml) I recommend maple syrup, honey or a stevia/erythritol blen
- 1.5 cups Rice chex (45 g)
- To a microwave-safe bowl, add dark chocolate, coconut oil and coconut butter (if desired). For a neutral taste, you can use refined coconut oil and replace the coconut manna with more coconut oil.
- In 30 second increments, microwave until the chocolate and coconut oil are melted. Be sure to stir in between, so the chocolate does not burn.
- Add in almond butter and sweetener of your choice. I recommend maple syrup, honey or a stevia/erythritol blend. Stir until well-incorporated.
- Add in Rice Chex and stir until well-coated. You may need to crush some of the chex to make it fit the chocolate mixture.
- Add to a dish lined with parchment paper and pour in the mixture. If necessary, flatten out mixture.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes, or until hardened. Cut into pieces and serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freezer for up to one month.