These twice-baked veggie ranch potatoes are a super-flavorful and simple side dish! Whole30, paleo, dairy-free, vegetarian.
Bursting with flavor!
I’ve been publishing recipes for over three years now, and sometimes it feels like I’ve already made everything under the sun.
I just recently passed 365 recipes…one for every day of the year! Isn’t that crazy? I can’t believe it myself.
Every time I think there is nothing left to make, I realize there are millions of food combinations out there, and there really is an endless supply of recipe ideas out there.
Take these twice-baked veggie ranch potatoes for example. I used to not even like ranch dressing, but after healthifying it (my new favorite word), I actually really like it!
This recipe requires my Whole30 ranch dressing, or you can of course use a Primal Kitchen or other compliant dressing.
Easy to make, and will please the entire family!
To start, you will want to poke holes in the potatoes and cook them in the microwave or oven until you can poke a fork all the way through them. Mine took approximately 10 minutes in the microwave.
Cut the potatoes in half and allow them to cool for several minutes. Scoop the filling out of the middle of each potato and add it to a bowl with all of the remaining ingredients.
For my filling, I added broccoli, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix it all together and then pour in the ranch dressing and stir well to incorporate.
Spoon the mixture back into each of the potatoes, and top with additional ranch. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and top with additional ranch, chives, sour (or cashew) cream, and any additional toppings you would like.
I’m not vegetarian, can I add in meat?
Of course! Bacon bits would be amazing sprinkled into the filling. Or you could use ground beef or turkey. Just make sure it is fully cooked before adding it to the filling.
Other topping ideas?
- If you’re not following Whole30 or dairy-free, then cheddar cheese would be amazing! Simply add on top of the potatoes right before baking in the oven.
- Chives or green onions
- Top with sour cream or cashew cream sauce
- Ghee or butter
- Diced red, orange or green peppers
You may also enjoy:
Twice-Baked Veggie Ranch Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing linked below (4 oz)
- 1 stem broccoli, chopped into bite-sized florets
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Poke holes into the potatoes and microwave on a plate for approximately 10 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- Cut each potato in half and allow to cool for a few minutes. Scoop out most of the insides, leaving a small amount around the outsides. Mix in a bowl with broccoli, spinach, tomato, onion and homemade ranch dressing.
- Scoop filling back into the potatoes. Place onto a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until veggies are cooked to your liking.