Edible Brownie Batter
Looking for a super-quick snack or dessert that doesn't require any cooking? Are you a huge lover of deep, rich dark chocolate? Then you've come to the right place! This edible brownie batter is great with a spoon, or as a dip for some strawberries! Low-carb, ketogenic, paleo, sugar-free, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee (melted) (2 oz)
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetener for keto, use a stevia/erythritol blend, for paleo, use coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (1 oz) see note below on substituting almond flour
- 1/3-1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut milk (80 ml to 120 ml) the amount will depend on the absorbance of the flour you use
- 1 oz. dark chocolate chips or chunks
Mix melted butter with sweetener, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
Mix in coconut flour one tablespoon at a time, making sure all clumps are removed.
Mix in cream or coconut milk a tablespoon at a time, until well-incorporated. The amount you need will depend on the type and brand of flour you use. You want it to be a nice soft consistency that you can easily spoon it or scoop it up with a strawberry.
Stir in dark chocolate chips or chunks.
Eat with a spoon, or use as a dip for strawberries or apples.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Note about substituting almond flour: The amount you need depends on the brand you use. I recommend starting with approximately 1 cup of almond flour. You may need to add more or less cream, depending on the flour you use.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 104 calories, 9 g fat, 9 g total carbs, 2 g fiber, 5 g sugar alcohols (2 g net carbs), 1 g protein