Three-Ingredient Queso Dip
A delicious and incredibly simple three-ingredient queso dip. All you need is heavy cream or coconut milk, cheese and jalapenos. Simply simmer to thicken the milk and stir in the cheese and jalapenos. It doesn't get much easier! Gluten-free, grain-free, ketogenic, low-carb.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time7 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup heavy cream or full-fat canned coconut miilk see notes below about coconut milk
- 1.5 cups cheddar or Mexican cheese freshly shredded melts better than preshredded cheese
- 1 4 oz can diced jalapeno peppers optional
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo optional
Add heavy cream or coconut cream (the solid part of a can of coconut milk) to a pot and simmer over medium heat until it starts to steam. Mix in cheese a bit at a time until fully melted.
Add in optional ad-ins like diced jalapenos or pico de gallo. Stir. Spoon into a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Notes about using coconut milk:
Nutrition Facts (per serving, recipe makes 4 servings): 269 calories, 25 g fat, 3 g total carbs, 0 g fiber (3 net carbs), 11 g protein
- Know that there will be a slight coconut taste. If you're ok with that, then proceed. I did this, and I really enjoyed it!
- I recommend using canned coconut milk. If you do, I recommend placing the can in the fridge overnight. If you use the solid stuff at the top, your queso will be super thick and creamy.