Sweet Thai Almond Butter Chicken and Veggies
Sweet Thai almond butter chicken and vegetables, made with a creamy coconut milk and almond butter sauce. A quick meal for a busy night. Gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, ketogenic, Paleo, low-carb.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter if you aren't sensitive
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or to taste
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 medium heads broccoli
- 3 large carrots
- cooked rice or cauliflower rice if desired
- Chopped nuts if desired
Slice chicken into thin pieces. While prepping the following steps, add sliced chicken to a bowl with 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos and a pinch of salt. Let marinate in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Chop broccoli and carrots and steam in a large pan with 1/2 inch of water. Drain leftover water and move steamed veggies to a bowl.
Add chicken to the pan with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook over medium heat until fully cooked.
While the chicken is cooking, add all sauce ingredients to a blender. Pulse until fully combined. Add more liquid or peanut butter if necessary to achieve the desired thickness.
Add veggies back into pan with chicken. Mix in sauce and stir until combined. Serve with a side of rice, chopped nuts, cilantro or other toppings.