This chimichurri is made with loads of fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro and green onions. It works perfect slathered on a juicy chicken breast. Gluten-free, Whole30, Paleo, grain-free, low-carb, ketogenic.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb chicken legs or thighs, bone in
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro omit and use more parsley or another fresh herb if you don't like cilantro
- 1 bunch green onion or one shallot
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed, unless you like it spicy
- 3 tbsp apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt I love this Himalayan pink salt
Preheat oven to 400F.
Blend all ingredients except chicken in a blender or food processor until the herbs are coarsely ground. You want there to still be texture, rather than a puree. Add additional olive oil, as needed.
Separate sauce into two portions. Slather half the sauce in the chicken, and marinate for 1-2 hours, or overnight (ideally).
Cook on a baking sheet in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until fully cooked.
Serve with remaining sauce, if you like your food really flavorful. If not, save remaining sauce for another use.