A basic, but super-delicious veggie breakfast, perfect for any crowd! Paleo, Whole30, vegetarian, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
Paleo breakfast for a crowd?!
Most days, I look for the quickest breakfast possible. If I can eat it without cooking at all, that is best. If I can spend some time meal prepping on the weekend, and no work is required during the week, that works fine too.
But, sometimes on the weekends, I do want to indulge, or we have family or friends visiting and want to make them something delicious.
This veggie breakfast skillet is one of my favorite ways to spend a little extra time in the kitchen on those days.
Plus, you can trick your family into realizing that eating Paleo/Whole30 can also be easy and delicious! 🙂
Let’s make some, shall we?
The beauty of this recipe is that it can be made in one pan, so cleanup is a breeze! Start by cubing your potatoes (I used baby yellow). To a large skillet, add a good amount of coconut oil (two tablespoons or so), and heat to medium high.
Once hot, add in the potatoes and cook until they have softened, making sure to stir often so they don’t burn.
Once you can cut them with your spatula, toss in the spinach and cook until wilted. Then add in the peppers and onions, and cook until softened as well.
Whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Push the veggies to one side of the pan and add in the eggs. Cook until the eggs are done, making sure to stir and scramble the eggs so they cook evenly.
Now you’re all set to enjoy!
This looks SO good, but I want to add some meat, any suggestions?
Of course! I would recommend cooking some ground sausage in a separate pan, or cook first in the one pan and set aside. Then add the cooked meat in with the other ingredients at the end and stir to combine.
I can’t do nightshades, any substitution recommendations?
You could do radishes instead of potatoes, they are fairly similar in texture, but with a teeny bit of a bite when cooked. This is also a great way to make the recipe low carb!
For the peppers, you could substitute zucchini or yellow squash, which I think would work quite well in this recipe. I will definitely have to try this one next!
You will also enjoy these other recipes:
Veggie Breakfast Skillet (Whole30, Paleo)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 lb small potatoes, diced into small cubes (16 oz, 0.45 kg)
- 1 package baby spinach
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Add coconut oil to a pan over medium high heat. Add in potatoes and cook until you can slice through with a spatula.
- To the potatoes, add in baby spinach and cook until wilted. Add in peppers and onions, and cook until softened.
- Finally, crack eggs into a small bowl and sprinkle with salt. Move potatoes, peppers and onions to one side of the pan, then whisk eggs and pour into the other half of the pan. Cook until eggs are well done, stirring occasionally to cook evenly and scramble eggs.
- Once eggs are cooked, remove from heat and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, if desired.