Looking for a quick dinner recipe? This easy keto instant pot chili is delicious, simple and ready in less than 20 minutes! Paleo, low-carb.
A quick and easy meal for any night of the week.
Chili is one of my favorite recipes for when the weather is cold. It’s so warming and spicy, it just makes me so happy! One thing I love about chili is that it is really customizable, you just need the spices and the rest can be altered as needed.
For keto chili, you definitely want to avoid beans, too many tomatoes, and any higher carbs veggies that might typically be in chili. I just love how this recipe turned out, plus it pairs incredibly well with these keto and paleo cornbread muffins.
This easy keto instant pot chili couldn’t be easier to make!
Grab your instant pot, because it’s about to make a delicious, hearty recipe!
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Green bell pepper
- Beef broth
- Small onion
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Ground pepper
- Cocoa powder
Start by adding the ground beef and the can of diced tomatoes to the instant pot, and set it to the saute function. You want the ground beef to begin browning before you add in the rest of the ingredients. Then, set to pressure cook on high for 12 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, switch the steam valve to vent, and allow the pressure to release. Remove the lid, and serve right away. You can store the leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container for 4-5 days. It reheats well in the microwave!
Can you make this recipe without an instant pot?
You sure can! Simply cook the chili on the stove in a large pot with a heavy bottom. It will take longer to cook, but not by a lot. Simply cook until the meat is done, and the onions and green pepper are fully cooked. It will take somewhere between 25-30 minutes.
You may also enjoy:
Easy Keto Instant Pot Chili
- 1.25 lb ground beef
- 13 oz can diced tomatoes
- 12 oz beef broth
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Add ground beef and canned diced tomatoes to the instant pot. Set to saute on high and cook until the beef begins to brown. Add in all remaining ingredients and switch to pressure cook on high. Add lid and set steam valve to sealing. Set timer for 12 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, carefully switch valve to venting. Allow to vent and remove lid. Serve immediately with biscuits or cornbread of your choice. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.