A simple keto black tea latte recipe, which can either be made into a bulletproof-style drink by adding butter and MCT oil, or you can simply add sweetener and coconut milk or heavy whipping cream for a creamy and rich drink.
My keto hot chocolate recipe seems to have been a real hit, so I thought I should also post one of my other favorite morning recipes…my beloved keto black tea latte. Honestly, I could probably drink hot chocolate once a day and be a happy camper.
However, I do tend to get tired of drinking the same thing day in and day out, so I like to change things up once in awhile. When I’m not in the mood to drink hot chocolate, I will make this either delicious black tea latte, or a scrumptious chai tea latte.
Black tea is my go-to for mornings where I feel a bit more sluggish than usual. Since I like my tea strong, I usually brew it with two tea bags, giving me a nice boost of caffeine.
If you’re not someone who wants loads of caffeine, you can certainly cut back to one tea bag and just let it steep longer. Or, you could use one decaf and one regular tea bag, or two decaf. Totally up to you!
This is one of those recipes where whatever your preference is, you can customize to fit that. Here are some suggestions:
- Like your tea sweet? Add in a packet or two of stevia or however much sweetener you like.
- Looking to get in your dose of healthy fats in the morning? Add in as much heavy cream or coconut milk as you need to keep you satiated.
- Into the Bulletproof coffee craze but want something other than coffee? Add in your favorite MCT or brain octane oil and a tablespoon or two of butter and blend.
- Looking for a fun and exciting new flavor? Add in a splash of your favorite sugar-free syrup or a bit of flavoring extract.
See? So many different ways to enjoy it!
If you give this keto black tea latte a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Keto Black Tea Latte (Low-Carb, Sugar-Free)
- 1.5 cups strongly brewed black tea (12 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil, coconut oil, butter or collagen peptides optional
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or coconut milk optional
- 0.5-1 teaspoon sweetener optional
- To a large-mouth container, add strongly brewed black tea and your favorite optional add-ins. For bulletproof-style, add in MCT oil and butter and blend with an immersion blender. For keto, add in heavy whipping cream and sweetener, if desired and mix well. If you add in collagen peptides for an extra boost, add them towards the end of the blending.