A moist and flavorful keto peanut butter chocolate chip mug cake for one. Perfect for breakfast, dessert or any time in between! Gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb and sugar-free with a dairy-free option.
Mug cakes have become one of my favorite easy breakfasts and desserts. You really can’t beat breakfast that’s made in just four minutes. One and a half minutes for mixing the ingredients and just two and a half for the microwaving.
It really doesn’t get easier than that. Unless you are one of those people who can skip breakfast. That is definitely not me. You don’t want to see me if I haven’t eaten breakfast. It’s not pretty.
This peanut butter chocolate chip mug cake is one of my favorite weekend breakfast indulgences. I tend to not want something sickeningly sweet for breakfast, so I usually dial back the sweetener a bit.
Even without lots of sweetener, this peanut butter chocolate chip mug cake is so delicious! The texture is fantastic, it’s so light and fluffy, and totally full of peanut butter and chocolate-y goodness.
The peanut butter is crucial to the consistency of this mug cake. If you want to substitute the peanut butter for something else, you might need to add in a bit more coconut flour. I would recommend increasing the coconut flour to 1.5 tablespoons total.
This is what I use when I make this into a double chocolate chip mug cake. Yummm! I will eventually be putting up that recipe as well 🙂
You only need a handful of ingredients to make these amazing peanut butter chocolate chip mug cakes. Eggs, coconut flour, butter, sweetener (I used Pyure stevia blend), baking soda, peanut butter and chocolate chips, that’s it! All you have to do is melt the butter and add in the other ingredients.
Mix it all up and pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on the shape of your container. I recommend 90 seconds for a tall, skinny mug and 2 minutes for a shorter ramekin-style container, but your microwave time may vary.
If it’s still a bit gooey in the middle, cook for an extra 30 seconds. Let it cool for a few minutes (if you can wait that long) and then dig in!
If you enjoyed this keto peanut butter chocolate chip mug cake, you will certainly enjoy this cinnamon mug cake that I made several months back. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut flour clumps removed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sweetener I like pyure stevia blend
- 1 tbsp peanut butter no sugar added
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bar I love the 78% and 85% dark Lindt bars.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a microwave safe dish or mug.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir until fully combined.
- Add in half the chocolate chips and mix. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 90 seconds. Wider and shallower containers, such as a ramekin may need more time to cook in the middle. For a mug, I usually do 90 seconds and then let it sit for one minute to cool. For a ramekin, I usually do 2 minutes and let it sit for one minute to cool.