A delicious treat, this peanut butter chocolate milkshake is rich and tasty! Dairy-free, vegan.
A healthy peanut butter chocolate milkshake!
I honestly can’t remember the last time I had a milkshake. It’s been YEARS. It’s not something I’d go out and get from an ice cream shop, due to the high sugar content and the amount of dairy. I don’t think it would go very well.
With that being said, it doesn’t mean I have to give them up forever, just because I won’t buy one. It’s really not too hard to make a delicious sweet treat yourself at home.
It only takes you about 5 minutes to make one yourself, which is likely less time than it would take you to pick one up from your favorite ice cream stand!
Takes just a few minutes to prepare and blend.
To make one of these delicious peanut butter chocolate milkshakes, you will need a good blender. If you only have a stick blender, or a weak blender, I would recommend allowing the banana to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before blending, and omitting the ice.
For the ingredients, you will need:
- Peanut butter (I recommend using no sugar added)
- Cocoa powder
- Frozen banana
- Unsweetened coconut milk or nut milk of choice
- Additional sweetener of choice, if desired
- Protein powder of choice, if desired
- Ice, if desired
Simply blend together and consume right away. It’s that easy!
I’m allergic to peanuts, can I substitute another nut butter?
You sure can! Pretty much any nut butter should work. Cashew butter, almond butter, sunbutter – they would all work well!
Can I add in chocolate chunks instead of cocoa powder?
Yes you can. For this to work well, you’ll need a high powdered blender, or you might be stuck with chunks of chocolate. If your blender is not high powdered, I would recommend using cocoa powder.
You may also enjoy:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake
- 2 tablespoons no sugar added peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Additional sweetener of choice optional
- 1 scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder of choice optional
- 1 cup ice optional, if desired for thicker consistency
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until well-incorporated. If desired, add in protein powder of choice. If desired, add in ice for thicker consistency and blend again. Enjoy right away.