These strawberry chocolate keto crepes are a delectable dessert indulgence. They are made with coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, eggs, sweetener and water, then sprinkled with fresh strawberries and drizzled with melted chocolate. Low-carb, ketogenic, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, Paleo.
Desserts are one of those things that occasionally I like to indulge in. However, sugar-filled desserts are not my jam. I can’t stand the overwhelming amount of sugar added to conventional breakfasts and desserts. The amount of sugar added to recipes these days is downright astonishing to me.
Plus, I’m trying to almost entirely eliminate sugar from my diet to help detox from my mold illness issues. I know I’m an extreme case, but I do think we can all do with a bit less sugar in our daily lives, am I right?
These simple keto crepes are super versatile. I made mine into a dessert crepe, so I sweetened them with just a tad of stevia, filled them with strawberries and drizzled with a bunch of dark chocolate. They can easily be made into savory crepes by leaving out the sweetener, and filling with whatever you desire.
The “secret” ingredient in these that helps to hold them together is psyllium husk powder, which I have talked about in several of my previous recipes. Check out my coconut flour pizza crust and gluten-free dinner rolls for more information on psyllium and it’s benefits.
I’m slowly recreating all of my favorite traditional gluten-filled meals with low-carb, grain-free options, which makes me super happy. I hope it makes some of you happy as well! Next up, low-carb nutella, because really, what is a crepe without delicious nutella…*drools*
If you give these simple keto crepes a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Strawberry Chocolate Keto Crepes (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sweetener for low carb, I like a stevia blend such as Pyure
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup strawberries (diced) or raspberries
- Mix eggs, coconut flour, sweetener and psyllium husk powder in a bowl. Add in boiling water a little at a time, and mix until well-incorporated.
- In a nonstick pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and turn heat to medium. Once the pan is hot, add in 1/4 to 1/2 of the crepe liquid and allow to cook until the edges begin to brown. Flip over and allow to cook until golden brown. This will take roughly 3-5 minutes per crepe.
- Set cooked crepe aside and repeat until all of the dough is used up.
- If making the strawberry chocolate crepe shown above, melt chocolate in the microwave with butter or coconut oil, in 30 second bursts, until fully melted. Be sure to stir between bursts or the chocolate may burn.
- Fill crepes with a handful of berries and a spoonful of chocolate. Fold sides of crepe to close and top with additional berries and chocolate, if desired.