The easiest three-ingredient keto caramel sauce you will ever come across! Buttery, sweet and vanilla-y. Keto, low-carb, Paleo, sugar-free.
If you’ve been keeping up with my recipes lately, then you know how many fall recipes I’ve been making. I just can’t get enough of this particular change in seasons.
So naturally, I had to make a caramel sauce, because it’s just one of the fall staples. I don’t want anyone missing out on this delicious stuff. Especially when it comes to fall when everyone is enthralled with caramel apples, caramel corn and caramel everything desserts.
Although I wouldn’t necessarily recommend you dip this in lots of apples if you’re following a low-carb diet, there are plenty of other ways you can use it.
Top pretty much any dessert with it, add it to your pumpkin spice coffee, or turn it into keto salted chocolate caramels. Or, you could add a scoop to this amazing apple cinnamon mug cake.
As far as making caramel sauces go, this is one of the simplest you will come across. You really only need three ingredients, plus one optional, if you’d like. This includes salted butter or ghee, coconut milk or heavy cream, and sweetener.
Beyond that, you can add some vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder for some extra flavor. You could even add in some maple extract, if you really want to increase the fall-ness of the caramel.
To make the sauce, start by heating some butter or ghee on the stove. Once it begins to brown, add in your coconut milk or heavy cream, the sweetener and the vanilla extract, if desired.
Turn the heat down a bit, and continue to stir until the sauce thickens. That’s all there is to it! Store in the fridge for up to a week. If you want to reheat it, I don’t recommend microwaving.
Submerge the container with the caramel into a pot of hot water, until it has become more fluid again. Then you’re good to go!
If you give this three-ingredient keto caramel sauce a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Three-Ingredient Keto Caramel Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter, salted or ghee Kerrygold is my favorite
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk or heavy cream 60 mL
- 4 tablespoons erythritol or four packets stevia/erythritol blend
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- To a heavy bottomed skillet or pot over medium heat, add the butter and cook until it begins to brown, 4-5 minutes. Be sure to stir often so it does not burn.
- Add in coconut milk or heavy cream, sweetener and vanilla extract. Turn heat down to medium low, and cook for several more minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture thickens to a syrup-like consistency, remove from heat. Caution: Do not try to thicken further, or it will begin to separate. If it begins to separate, stop heating right away and drain off the excess oil.
- Use immediately, or store in the fridge for up to a week. To reheat, do not microwave. Submerge covered container in hot water until caramel has softened.