An easy one-pan side dish, this zucchini, radish and spinach skillet is cooked in bacon grease and is full of healthful veggies! Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, low-carb, ketogenic and Paleo.
I don’t know about you, but I love meals filled with tons of healthful veggies. There is no denying the health benefits of things like zucchini, radishes and spinach. So that’s why I decided to throw them all together in one big skillet and see what happened.
It turns out that it worked incredibly well, and I’m happy to admit that this is now one of my go-to quick and easy recipes. For when you’re feeling a nutritious dinner, but are pressed for time, simply toss your favorite veggies into a big pan with some bacon grease or oil of your choice and you’re pretty much good to go!
I tossed in the radishes first, since they’re the hardest, and I figured that they would take the longest to cook. Once they softened a bit, I added in the zucchini. Then when both the radishes and the zucchini are just about done, toss in the spinach and stir until wilted. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
I actually got a nice two-for-one deal with this meal because I first cooked my bacon in the pan. Once the bacon was cooked, I removed them from the pan and set them aside.
I used the remaining bacon grease to cook the veggies. I just love this idea! I’ve gotten good at saving my bacon grease for a later date, but sometimes I forget about it and it gets pushed to the back of the fridge.
What I like about using it right away is that not only does it mean less wasted food, but the pan and grease are still nice and warm, meaning your meal is done even quicker! Plus the slight bacon-y taste in the veggies is just superb.
If you give this zucchini, radish and spinach skillet a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Zucchini, Radish and Spinach Skillet (Low-Carb, Paleo)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 bunch fresh radishes
- 10 oz bag fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or the grease left in the pan after cooking bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- Add two tablespoons of leftover bacon grease to a large skillet. Alternatively, you can just use the pan you just finished cooking bacon in, with all the leftover grease still in the pan. Turn heat to medium and allow grease to heat up.
- Chop up zucchini and radishes and place in the pan. Saute over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until they have softened.
- Add in fresh spinach in handfuls, stirring until wilted.
- Sprinkle salt over the top and allow to cool before serving.