Are you a fan of garlic butter on top of a delicious steak? How about as a dip for some potato wedges? Then you’ll love this garlic butter sauce. Keto, Paleo, Whole30, dairy-free.
Butter often gets a bad wrap for being “artery clogging”, but when we’re talking about good quality butter from happy grass-fed cows, this is actually quite far from the truth.
Grass-fed butter has quite a few benefits, making it a much healthier choice than conventional grain-fed butter. The benefits include:
- Higher amounts of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), an immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory fatty acid
- A better source of vitamin K2, a vital nutrient many of us are deficient in
- Greater amounts of healthy omega 3’s
- Less antibiotics and hormones because grass-fed cows are healthier
- Tastes MUCH more flavorful and has a more vibrant yellow color
I try my best to choose organic grass-fed butter whenever possible. Kerrygold is my favorite (no, not sponsored). Even if it did not have tons of health benefits, I would still be consuming it just for the taste alone. It really is unparalleled in my mind.
For such an incredibly delicious sauce, you will be utterly amazed at how simple it is to make! All you have to do is melt some butter (I recommend grass-fed, such as Kerrygold…the taste is unbeatable), then add in garlic powder, parsley and salt.
Seriously, THAT is the recipe!
As for what to put this delectable stuff on, here are some of my favorite ways to use it:
- Sweet potatoes (the flavor combination is UNREAL!)
- Broccoli or cauliflower
- Steamed spinach
- On top of a cheddar broccoli chicken casserole
- Over eggs for a savory breakfast
I do recommend adding it as a finishing touch after cooking your meat or vegetables, although you really can’t go wrong any way you want to use this stuff. I seriously make this at least once every week, sometimes more because well…I’m addicted.
You may also love these other keto sauce recipes: